XS Big Dots?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by GlockGuyGip, Apr 15, 2011.

1. I think these will be going on my new G27 (when i get it). Anyone got any good or bad results with these sights? Thanks for your time. Pictures always greatly appreciated...

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. got them on a G31, not something I'm gonna use for precision shooting but surprisingly quick to get on target.

sig357fan

3. Before you do, look at Ameriglo, front sight GL-212-OR.
    It is BIG (like XS) BUT......
    It is Orange and at night it glows GREEN.
    What a sight and very easy to see in all light conditions.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    Give Rick at Ameriglo a call 770-390-0554 and he can send them right out to you...

4. The rear XS sight is barely visible in low/no light situations. I didn't like them at all. I switched back to Dawson Night Sights (my favorites) and/or Mepro's.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

You must have gotten a bad set. My rear sight is nearly as bright as the front.
    Love BigDots on sub-compacts!

6. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Scroll down to the "Sights, Lasers' & Optics" page and search for "Big Dots"
    Three pages of threads

Pm me with what you need for pics

7. For a carry gun they are excellent. Super fast front sight pickup and really bright in low light conditiions.These are express sights not precision target sights.They are well suited for "minute of forehead" accuracy.

8. I'm still working on getting precise with these sights. I have them on my G30. I feel very confident in them as practical self defense sights. Very quick and precise enough to fire center mass at an attacker.

9. ...and when I had a set, I went BIG front NS and no rear night sight. I found the sights fine for close and fast, but lacking at greater than 15. May have been my personal preference or long association with standard post and notch sights preventing me from taking full advantage.

10. Unless your eyes are reaaaaaaally bad, the Standard Dot is better. Just as fast to pick up, but more accuracy.

11. Got them on my G26 and like them a lot! For me, they're perfect carry/SD sights.

12. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

I'm going to vote for AmeriGlo, too. I've actually had to use, 'night sights' at night. 'Night sights' is a misnomer. I don't care what color the rear sight projects. Why? Because that's not where my eyes focus. Two things happen when you shoot in the dark, and especially when you're stressed: First, you're moving so fast that the front sight seems to become the only sight you see. Second, there's a perfectly human tendency to focus intensely on both the front sight AND the target, together.

Know what? Too often the front sight is going to win; and, with a real bright front (That, probably, isn't going to be deeply, 'nested'.) your target will appear to, 'hide' behind that bright green orb on the front of your pistol.

Me? I like a good, dull orange, front blade on my, 'night sights'. I keep waiting for the industry to correctly figure this one out; but, alas, it doesn't look like it's going to be anytime soon.

13. As stated above, they are a great defensive, quick acquisition pistol sight. They are not for precision shooting. In my opinion, they are not well-suited for any type of competition shooting either, USPSA, IDPA, etc.

I have a set of them on a carry 23 that lives down in Arizona.

14. I have the XS Big Dot sight System on my G23 and couldn't be happier with them. Front sight acquisition couldn't be faster!

15. i have these on my 36 and love them

16. Rob62

Rob62 XL Member

I put a set of the XS Big Dot sights on one of my Glocks. If you want a really fast to acquire, and "BIG" front dot night sight then this is it. There's nothing that compares.

Ultimately what makes these sights so good is what turned me off. The Big Dot is just too big for my tastes. If you had to take a precision shot at any range the dot covers too much space on the target. Ultimately, I replaced the big dot with a standard size dot (XS sells one, just for those of us that love the sights but want a smaller size dot).

What I have now is perfect for my wants and needs - the XS 24/7 "standard" size dot, night size.

17. Yup, got a set of these on a carry 19. They can actually be used to sight in a paper plate at 50'.

18. just put a set on my 26. havent taken it to the range yet though. i really like that i can acquire my target very fast and with both eyes open

19. Big Dots are perfect for those situations where you don't need sights or aren't going to use them anyway.

When you want to actually aim the gun, the Big Dots' deficiencies really start to become apparent.

I tried them for about a year and it was a wasted effort. They suck unless you're damn near blind.

20. I have used them and never really liked them. As said above, only if your are nearly blind are they necessary.

I am now using the Ameriglow URAP sights on my G26. I have truly found NS nirvana. For me they are even faster on target than the Big Dots and they can still be used for precision shooting.

They are only about $60 for a set too. The only down side I have found to the URAPS is that they are only made for Glocks. I would have them on every gun I own if I could. :wavey:

[​IMG]