Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

XP machines with network problems

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by DonMcnut, Nov 1, 2010.

1. DonMcnut

Apr 7, 2010
    I have about 10 systems at my office running a client/server SQL software, all machines including server are just plain old XP pro systems. For some reason 3 of the machines are experiencing some kind of bandwidth limitation both within the network (moving a file from the server to an effected client) and to the web ( showing .95-1.2 mbps whereas all other machines getting 2.5-3 which is what we pay for.

All machines have all microsoft updates done, have zero "bugs" on updated malwarebytes and AVG scans and are behaving normally for all other intents and purposes. I also just tried a new NIC card on and and still have the same issue. I am very close to just reformatting one with a fresh windows install to see where I get.
  2. dotsun

dotsun Shark Stomper

Mar 25, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    If you haven't already, you might try plugging one of the known good pcs into the port of a bad one and eliminate a port or cabling issue.

3. DonMcnut

Apr 7, 2010
    Next thing on my list. The only "new" thing I can think of that wasn't there before the problem was an electrical storm that knocked out the power.
  4. kc8ykd

Oct 6, 2005
    what are your intra-network speeds on those machines?

also, make sure to double check the speed and duplex settings on those machines.
  5. srhoades

Jul 14, 2000
    It has to be a switch or router if it is affecting more than 1 computer. The electrical storm could have very well damaged one of the above.