Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Xds 45

Discussion in 'The XD Club' started by border bandit32, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Any new reviews thinkin bout gettin one as i dont have a 45acp as of now. Likes... Dislikes
  2. Bueller.... Bueller.... Bueller....

3. F_G

Jan 11, 2010
    Crown King, AZ
    Love mine. Haven't shot any of my Glocks for the past 2 months since picking up my XDS. Manageable recoil from such a small package, accurate as heck, very concealable.

Some have had issues, but mine has been flawless through 750 rounds. Don't like the 7 round mags, thankfully I only bought 1. Some really like the 7 rd mags. It came with the small grip insert, I have pretty big hands and like the small insert, some guys like the big insert.

Did I mention I love it?!?
  4. oldsoldier

Jun 22, 2008
    I tried mine out for the first time today. I put 100 rds of 230g FMJ and 10 rds each of 230g HST and 185g Golden Saber. I did not have any malfunctions and the felt recoil is surprisingly light for this small of a gun. I tried to get it to malfunction by limp wristing, shooting single handed left and right handed and sideways as if I was laying on the ground. It never missed a beat. Accuracy is excellent. I chronographed the HST at 810 FPS and the Golden Saber at 930 FPS. Not bad from such a short barrel. As noted on several sites the 230g velocity was not as far off factory specs as the lighter 185g. Felt recoil was a little less with the 185g but not that much of a difference. I will use the 230g as a self defense load. I also have and do not like the 7 rd magazine except as a spare mag. The XD-S is now my primary carry gun. Edited: The gun shot to POA and the sites do not need adjustment. There is nothing I dislike about the gun. Yet.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  5. ricklee4570

Sep 11, 2009
    It is a winner for sure. Mine has been accurate and reliable through 500 plus rounds.
  6. I carry my XDS as my primary daily carry CCW - loaded with 45 Super ammunition from Underwood Ammo. 10mm Auto power with a bigger Gold Dot bullet from the easily concealed XDS - love it!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  7. 45 Super? How's the recoil on that? I've used 45 +P in mine and the kick is noticeably bigger than standard rounds.
  8. I don't find it unmanageable - but then I'm not recoil sensitive. Think of it as a +P+ 45 ACP load... Do your part - and the pistol handles it well, with no signs of excessive wear.

9. OK. The recoil from 45 +P isn't too bad but I would hate to fire over 100 rounds. But I can't imagine a defensive situation where I would do more than 2 mags of 45 +P, so I may treat myself to a box of 45 Super just for the hell of it.
  10. Good stuff from Underwood Ammunition - he is reasonable and the advertised velocities are not exaggerated like other specialty ammo makers...