close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

www.efoodsdirect.com

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Dbltapglock, May 27, 2012.

1. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

Dec 1, 2005
    You are going to need a lot of water to live anyway, I would give them a try! Please report back and let us know what you think.

2. NBT

NBT

May 19, 2012
    Florida
    Yes, company is GTG.... I ordered the 1 month food supply's after taking advantage of the "Try 6 free". I received the order promptly, since your ordering right from the MFG.
    I/we also have a month of Mountain House here as well.
    The E-Foods does taste slightly better than Mountain House IMHO...both are certainly better than a standard MRE.

On a side note...I didn't know that Sams Club offers meals ready to eat...

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/category.jsp?navAction=pop&categoryId=1760103

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  3. I looked at them some time ago. They seemed to be a dried soup company. Not a lot of selection. Prices seemed a little rich for what you got (dehydrated soup). I opted for Mountain house and others. Good luck.

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    I tried their samples once, wasn't too impressed with the taste. I'm sticking with MREs and Mountain House.

5. Mountain house is 30 years.. what is this companies claim?

6. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
  7. Pardoner

Pardoner

Sep 28, 2000
    Lake Mary, FL

I have serious issues with a company that advertises and misleads people with a "1 month supply" that gives you less than 1000 cal/day... That is if you also have a serving of whey milk (only 16 servings available) and one of the fruit snacks (only 8 servings available).

If you don't have a fruit snack and the whey milk, you are under 700 cal.

efoodsdirect are doing the same exact thing. You better be eating their "bonus" items to get yourself to 900 cal/day.

8. Pardoner

Pardoner

Sep 28, 2000
    Lake Mary, FL
    I just love this part from the lawsuit filed against COSTCO for doing the same exact crap!

9. Pardoner

Pardoner

Sep 28, 2000
    Lake Mary, FL
    To take it another step.

I put myself on a 1500 cal/day diet for a couple weeks last year with a lot more protein than these products supplied while I continued to do my normal work routine (a lot of walking, but not too physical). I also cheated on the weekends.

I lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks..... If we look at that long term, yes my body would slow it's metabolism, but these products carry very little protein and you won't be able to cheat on the weekends like I did. That would be 60 lbs in 3 months if you carry it out. I think a family member you have me "Baker Acted" after the second month.

Baker Act is kind of a FL term that allows for involuntary examination for up to 72 hrs.

10. Pardoner

Pardoner

Sep 28, 2000
    Lake Mary, FL
    The BIG difference is that Mountainhouse is not advertising their product as a "1 month", "3 month" or whatever starvation diet you choose.

These companies are intentionally misleading the uninformed masses.

A few posts ago you were thinking "WOW! A great and easy way to store a month's worth of food! All in one bucket!". You took the time to ask and educate yourself.

You could have purchased a few buckets thinking you now have 3 months of food stored up for an emergency. Now what happens to the family when the emergency really happens?

These crooks won't be anywhere to be found by your starving family.

Store the shelf stable basics: rice, beans, etc along with Mtnhouse.

Count out the calories... a cup of rice is 200 cal and add a serving of Mthhouse beef stew on top of the rice is 200 plus a couple of their pilot crackers for another 100. That puts you at 500 for that meal. Not counting what you drink. Your already half way to what those buckets give you for the whole day.