close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

WWII Themed 870 (Nose Art included) ;)

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by tdc57, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Hey guys, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I just thought I would share my latest project with you.. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Basically I’m painting up a shotgun in a WWII nose art fashion /look. <o:p></o:p>
    My thought was, that I'll make the 870 look more like a “cockpit gun”, something that the crew members would grab on the way out the door.. <o:p></o:p>
    Ok so here’s where I’m at.. <o:p></o:p>
    I dismantled the 870 as far as I dare go, then I sprayed everything down with Duracoat’s Truestrip Cleaner / Degreaser. This stuff works GREAT for what it worth. <o:p></o:p>
    After degreasing the parts, everything was lightly sanded with 400 gr paper, then washed off with just water and thoroughly dried. At this point I sprayed everything down with two light coats of Bulldog Adhesive. I’m not worried about the Duracoat sticking to the metal, but the stock, forgrip, etc are all plastic and well…. Bulldug and never let me down.. <o:p></o:p>
    After waiting for the BD to dry (15 min) I started on my initial base coat and covered everything in an Urban Mirage White. It’s really more of a storm cloud look, IMO anyway.. now that I’ve got everything dry I’m putting her back together so I can continue on with the base colors. <o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]<o:p></o:p>
    Again I’m really looking for that WWII forest / olive green at this point, so I’m just mixing up some colors until I find just the right one.. <o:p></o:p>
    Ahh found it… <o:p></o:p>
    Ok so here we have the gun after it’s first few light, sorry about the flash / bright pic <o:p></o:p>
    Here we have the base coat done and I’m starting in on the nose art.. This is where I have my fun.. ;) <o:p></o:p>

2. I&#8217;m about 75% complete at this point.. I&#8217;ve got to add some &#8220;other stuff&#8221; and touch up a few areas here and there, then I&#8217;ll be able to move to the other side.. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I&#8217;m thinking about doing the other side in the &#8220; Twerp or Sad Sack&#8221; theme..<o:p></o:p>
    IDK, TBD.. <o:p></o:p>
    Anyway here&#8217;s where I&#8217;m at on this side, I&#8217;ve got a few hours left, but it&#8217;s coming along nicely: <o:p></o:p>

3. [​IMG]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Thanks for your time everybody, I just thought I would share something different <o:p></o:p>
    tdc<o:p></o:p>

4. mlyon55

mlyon55

Jun 24, 2010
    Louisiana
    Too cool man. Post more pics when complete.

5. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
  6. rcbif

rcbif Lock "N" Load!

Dec 6, 2010
    NE OH
    Very cool. I love nose art. Got any plans to weather it?

My avatar is my own "nose art" I made that I planned to use on an R/C plane. Still don't have the plane for it.

[​IMG]

7. Hey thanks guys.. really thanks for the kind words.. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    its' not done thou.. it's only about 75% complete.. (lots of small stuff to go)
    Rivets, bullet holes, grease marks, etc,
    Here's the slide.. I finished it up last night.. This is IMO going to look "too cool" lol.. <o:p></o:p>

[​IMG]

Thank you again for your time everybody.. I should have the second side completed within the next or two.. I&#8217;ll post pics.. <o:p></o:p>
    Have a great one <o:p></o:p>

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  8. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
    ................:dunno:..................I don't get it.

9. That's cool.. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

It's totally different, that's all.. I paint, I'm an artist, this is just one of my projects, that's all.. <o:p></o:p>
    it's totally cool to not like, hate, what ever it.. I just ask that people enjoy the ride.. hahahaa. <o:p></o:p>
    You should see what I did to my Glock.. lol <o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]
    I&#8217;m just different and I bring different kinds of projects with me to share. This particular project is regarding a WWII themed shotgun.. Have you ever seen a WWII themed shotgun? Well&#8217;s here my journey in making one, please feel free to enjoy the ride. :)

10. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
    I don't hate it, I just don't get it. A shotgun painted like a WWII bomber? I can see a car with a plane theme or even a motorcycle, but a gun? Seems like a convoluted idea. Makes no sense to me but I certainly support your right to do it. :supergrin:

11. jswest86

jswest86

Aug 4, 2010
    I think it looks great man. It would me awesome to have an m1897 Winchester like that if didn't knock off about $3000 worth of value.

12. Ok team.. well good news.. I made some decent progress on the other side.. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Here’s what I went through / where I’m at: <o:p></o:p>
    I’m about 40% complete at this point <o:p></o:p>
    Continuing to work it, blaa, blaa, blaaa.. <o:p></o:p>
    Ok… now it’s starting to look like something.. J <o:p></o:p>
    Here’s a quick shot of this side at about 75% complete.. personnaly.. I really liking it.. <o:p></o:p>
    Thank you again for your time team, I’ll post up pic of the completed project sometime this weekend.. I still need to go back touch up a few things and add a few goodies in the process.. <o:p></o:p>

13. wanderinwalker

wanderinwalker 6 of .44

Feb 13, 2003
    New Hampshire
    That is awesome! I like it! :thumbsup: You make me want to go do that to my AR-15 buttstock now. Really, wicked cool. (If you don't speak New Englander that means "really, really, totally awesome." ;) )

14. Very original and some great artwork, I think a pump action is the perfect canvas too! :thumbsup:

I know I have seen some nose art on some A-10s, but do they put it on other aircaraft these days?