close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

[WTF] lumbar adjust on a 2011 CVPI???

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Cochese, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Ok, I have a 2011 CVPI and some EOE hire cranked up the lumbar support. There ain't no button on the side of the seat like usual. I noticed its missing traction control but has a CD player??

Some weird option package the *******s in fleet ordered to make my life hell for 4 years till I mile this piece of dick out.

Anyway, I googled to no avail. HTF do you adjust this? I'm on till 7am and I'm considering stabbing the MFer and taking the days off.

Halp.

2. lloydchristmas

lloydchristmas 132 and Bush

May 22, 2010
    Wis-cow-nsin
    We have one as well. Feels like there's less room in the cockpit? Feels like theres a cinder block thrust into your back? Neck, back and shoulders sore after driving around for a half-hour?

Yep. Ford dealer says this is normal. No adjustment for lumbar in new cars.

Brilliant.

Guys used to fight over the new cars at our department. Now it mostly sits unless we need it. Chief finally sent it back to Ford, saying, "Fix it." Ford removed seat, took off upholstery, shaved off some foam and said "Viola!"

It's some better, but still sucks. Good luck!

3. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    FML.

Thankfully, there are a few 2010s running around. I'll promptly rebid an older car and let some ******* have this. All the FNGs just drive the new cars anyway, instead of miling out our turds.

I hate CVPIs and I HATE our fleet people.

I want a suit and a ****ing desk.

:soap:

4. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Aug 22, 2003
    Nevada
    I wouldn't know what an oh-11 feels like, I ain't worthy. I have an '06 I was issued with 100k. The lumbar thing rests about the shoulder blades and I bought a crappy wire seat pad at wal mart to disguise the feel of the metal bar under my ass. I made a peep about my ride and almost got it shoved up my culo. The thing is pretty fast though. I'd rather have a Tahoe.

MF

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  5. lloydchristmas

lloydchristmas 132 and Bush

May 22, 2010
    Wis-cow-nsin
  6. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Some knob left their gay country mix disc in it. I felt my BP go up another ten points when I heard that ****.

7. GPalmer

GPalmer CLM

May 20, 2006
    Well, if it makes you feel better, that's a lovely shade of lipstick you have on...:whistling:

8. OFCJIM40

OFCJIM40 Happy Jaeger

Jan 22, 2001
    Chicago-area, IL.
    I really wonder if eventually with what Ford has done to these seats, off set wheel to pedals and other bad ergonomics if we could ever have enough evidence for a class action lawsuit for back pain, injury and/or disability. I'm not even kidding. How can Ford be so inept to not get the seats and other ergo things right over these years.

Also for guys in old cars, document if you are starting to have pain or possible injury. Request that the remedy is to have the seat rebuilt or request to be assigned to a different car. If they refuse document, document, document. It can turn into a Workman's Comp or medical disability issue. Protect yourself!

9. Cochese

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    I give ur mom all teh credit. :supergrin:

Our department has rebuilt a CVPI seat, and an Expedition seat as well.

These cars are all just pieces of AIDS though. No dead pedal. Terrible lumbar support in the new cars. Crappy head rests that don't even let you sleep good in the '10 and older models.

I can't wait till whatever we order to replace these turds show up en masse.

10. Be careful what you wish for. You might just end up with FWD Impalas. Now those things suck!

11. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    My CVPI's seat is causing me grief too.

It amazes me how I have never had a problem from my 1996 Jeep Cherokee seat, but my #$%&@## CVPI seat makes my back start to hurt almost as soon as I sit in it, and it seems like the power adjustment seat does not have a useful setting.:steamed:

Its a take home car, and I constantly adjust it. Jeep seat, adjusted once every couple of years when someone else drives it.

12. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Apr 30, 2000
    Lexington, KY
    Awesome. I am going to make it my mission in life to start using variations of the phrase "___________ are/ is just pieces/ a piece of AIDS!" as often as I can.

13. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Arizona
    I rented a 2011 CV when I was on vacation a few weeks back and didn't notice anything about the lumbar support (or lack thereof). It was fine for me. I don't know if the police version has a different seat though. Granted, I didn't take my duty belt on vacation with me.

On a side note, every year I hear Ford cancelled the CVPI, yet every year more are rolling off the line. What gives? Is it over or not?

14. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    They make no more, http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car/10q1/2012_ford_police_interceptor-car_news

We are supposed to get 4 or 5 next year. I spoke with one of our Sgt's that got to test drive one. Said it was fast, and handled better than the CVPI, but smaller inside.

We use toughbook computers, which take up some space, then shotgun/AR rack, the cage, camera, and radar. Space will become even more important than it is now.

15. rdrkt

rdrkt

Feb 28, 2005
    Md
    We still have some super comfortable 94 and 95 Cherokees in service. If you need me to take that uncomfortable CV off your hands Lmk :cool:

16. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    I rode with another department recently in an '11 and found the center back area of the passenger seat much firmer and more supportive than the previous model years. I'm only good for a couple hours in the passenger seat of my assigned '10. Might be a different experience with a belt and vest...always run the lumbar support in the '10 completely deflated.

17. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio
    In the last 18 months, I have replaced my 96 Jeep's shocks, all ball joints, and tie rods... with a supercharger, and converting it to a 4 wheel performance disk brake, I could make a killer cruiser out of it, but the Sheriff said no.:crying:

18. snichols28

snichols28

Dec 4, 2009
    Colorado
    I say you total that 2011 heap out and felony menace your head fleet dude until you get a ride like this. Just sayin'

[​IMG]

19. Gangrel

Gangrel

Oct 12, 2007
    I just rode in an '11 the first time the other day. I also noticed there was no lumbar support and that the head rest basically makes you hunch over like a mad person if you want to have any sort of back support at all. I hate it. Between that and the fact that our fleet services decided to flip flop the light control box and radio from where they are in every other squad car (so I can never find the button I'm searching for with my finger tips... officer safety???), moved our ticket printer, added a new computer mount that doesn't lock in place, added an arm rest that prevents you from using the rifle mounts... what the hell were they thinking?

Oh wait, it has cruise control! Yay!

20. rookie1

rookie1

Mar 3, 2009
    Iowa
    We just had a car changed over to a 2011. I noticed the support was all sorts of stupid. I found a button on the front of the seat between your legs.