close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB: RCBS Case Kicker

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by telecster, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Anyone have one of these that needs a good home?

2. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    Good luck. I don't know why they quite making them. I had one but sold it when I sold my first Rock Chucker. Have you checked E-Bay they have them every once in a while.

3. I have it save as a watch item..Also check Craigslist!..I hate the guy that showed me this on Wednesday..Hopefully someone here will feel pity and offer one up..I even sent RCBS a note..

4. bush pilot

bush pilot

Jan 29, 2004
    northwest
    Damn, I had one new in the box and gave it away recently. I'm usually the one looking for something myself.

5. Thanks Unclebob looks like that got sold in 2008

6. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL
    Sorry did not look at the date.

7. dudel

dudel

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    Sorry, can't have mine! It's a great accessory that really speeds up the process. However you might call RCBS and see if you can buy one direct. I've heard they will replace one if it gets broken.

8. Thanks I sent them a email wanting to make sure it is complete with primer and case catcher..I can make the kicker itself pretty easy..

9. Sent them a email and they are not open on Fridays..

10. sig357fan

sig357fan

Apr 8, 2008
    SW OH
    telecster,

I looked for one and couldn't finde one so I made one.

first pic is front-left, shows the sheet metal chute the brass slides down and into the bin, spent primers are cought in an old medicine bottle and is wired in place, a shop vac is used to suck out the old primers when it gets full
    View attachment 211916

second pic is rear-right, shows the flat stock (primer gray) attached to the monting bolt of the press with the banding material ("Z" bent) used to push the brass out of the shell holder
    View attachment 211917

third pic is right looking down, shows how it lines up.
    View attachment 211918

with the flat stock/banding material configured this way I can adjust when the brass is pushed out of the shell holder so I'm able to use it with everything from 9mm to 30-06 brass.

the bends in the end of the banding material that contacts the brass was just tinkered with until it worked, been using this for over 20 "+" years.

sig357fan

11. dudel

dudel

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    The primer catcher isn't worth the metal it's punched out of. The case catcher can be made with an akrobin and a strip of metal to hold the lip. That would also work better than the lip RCBS uses to hold the bin. IMHO, the case kicker itself (the spring strip) is the best and only essential part of the kit. I'd get rid of the plate, but that's what the spring attaches to.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011