Wrong ammo purchases.

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by ScottieG59, Dec 27, 2012.

1. I am normally more attentive when I buy ammo. Looking for 45 ACP, I ended out getting 4 boxes of Speer 185 grain Gold Dot Hollow Point in 45 GAP. It is stored with my Buffalo Bore hard cast 32 Auto ammo, in my ammo with no guns that shoot them shelf.

Does this happen to others out there? I guess I can try to sell them. I can't return them to the store.

Does anyone use this ammo?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Just ordered the wrong ammo. Caliber Corner Jun 24, 2015
    So...Whats really wrong with "ammo hoarding"? General Firearms Forum Sep 20, 2013
    Walmart Definitley went up in price for 9mm ammo... Or am i wrong? Caliber Corner Apr 11, 2013
    Whats wrong with BJHP ammo? General Firearms Forum Jun 8, 2012
    anything 'wrong' with shooting Tulammo? 1911 Forums Dec 4, 2011

3. ScottieG59,

Sorry I don't use that ammo. Do you have a local gun shot that takes guns and/or ammo on consignment? I know most small/medium gun shops will do this for guns but you might ask if they will take your factory ammo in as well.

Good luck.

4. I have done this before too.
    But to be honest unless you really need the cash, I would hold on to it as they will be worth their weight in gold if this crazy shortage keeps going.

5. Your subconscious is telling you that you need another gun.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

6. Yeah, never trust a gun store employee, they often know less than the shooter.
    My boss went to buy 357mags & the guy sold him 357sig. Good for me, I shoot that, so I got some cheap ammo. Most shops will NOT take back ammo, as they don;t know if you messed with it. So you are stuck in most instances.

#5 fredj338, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  7. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor
    CLM

.45GAP ammo!!:wow:

Hold on to it. It will become a rare and valuable collectors item when that silly round fades into obscurity or when the 3 people in the world who bought a firearm chambered for it run outta' ammo!!:supergrin:

Sorry, but think you're stuck with it unless you can find somebody willing to buy it or trade.

8. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Find someone with a .45GAP and make a trade.