close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wrist wraps?

Discussion in 'The .40 S&W Club' started by Kyle1886, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Kyle1886

Kyle1886
    Expand Collapse

Considering that the .40 is a "snappier" round and as I've seen posted in GT and other forums some folks have trouble "controlling" the recoil. (I have not been able to get to a range to fire my new G22). My wrists are not as strong as they were years ago and was wondering if "wrist supports" (leather / other materal), might assist in recoil management and/or sight reacquisition? Would such a support help wrist fatigue or "the limp wristing" that I read so much about? (Other than perhaps psychological would wraps be of any benefit)? Thank you.

Kyle

2. TKM

TKM
    Expand Collapse
    Shiny Member
    Lifetime Member

If it works for you and lets you enjoy shooting, by all means do it.

Gloves, pads, muffs and glasses are good bits of safety kit. Maybe you can make a little money developing a shooters wrap?

Let us know how it works out.

3. Cosmo1

Cosmo1
    Expand Collapse

After reading about the snappiness of the .40, I was reluctant to buy my 27. After actually shooting it, I found that it wasn't as bad as I've read. Even my wife who suffers from severe Carpal Tunnel in both hands didn't dislike it at all. I think you should shoot one before passing judgment based on internet reviews. You may find, as I did, that it isn't bad at all.