close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wow RP won again!

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Gunnut 45/454, Mar 14, 2012.

1. RCP

RCP
    Expand Collapse

Thats exactly what it says and it explains in great detail why.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk
    Expand Collapse
    Isaiah 53:4-9

You are missing the point of Paul. I think he is fairly confident he can't win. He just now has a lot of attention for his ideas. I think he will hang on to spread his ideas across the United States, and then head back to Austin.

3. Fed Five Oh

Fed Five Oh
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

So, you agree that a person that hasn't won a single primary and only come in second in a couple could have more delegates than a fellow that has won 7 or 8 and has come in second in 4 or 5? Seriously?

4. Restless28

Restless28
    Expand Collapse

Someone post up a delegate count to date, and stop this Ron Paul fantasy

5. RCP

RCP
    Expand Collapse

That's just it, the media is counting all delegates as they are supposedly proportioned out. Problem is that many of the delegates chosen are in non binding caucus states. Which means that even though the popular vote may have been for Rick Santorum those delegates in that state do not necessarily represent him. Again for a better understanding of what I'm not very good at explaining please watch the video posted above.

6. Stubudd

Stubudd
    Expand Collapse

There is no accurate up to date count. No human in the world knows the real count until they show up in Tampa. Some states' processes take months- some are a contest of who can keep showing up day after day. That's why the cnn link says "estimate"

7. Stubudd

Stubudd
    Expand Collapse

8. RCP

RCP
    Expand Collapse

Exactly, the "delegate tracker" is worthless. The only ones known for sure are in the winner takes all states.

9. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

[​IMG]

There are times when it is a good thing to keep a positive outlook, then there are times to face reality.

He's probably not just running for the entertainment value. I'm sure he has a plan to peddle some influence.

10. Goaltender66

Goaltender66
    Expand Collapse
    NRA GoldenEagle

Funny you should mention that...

Thinly sourced but still interesting, from yesterday:

Discussions between Paul and Romney are "taking shape"

#30 Goaltender66, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  11. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

There's that "hope" again. Has Obama not adequately demonstrated yet what happens when "hope" and "reality" collide?

What, in real life, is going to make all those people "like you" even run for Congress, let alone get elected?

12. BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD
    Expand Collapse

Take the red pill.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm4YRf0HIVs&feature=g-u-u&context=G27fbce8FUAAAAAAAKAA"]Collapsing, and the main stream begs for more - YouTube[/ame]

13. Fed Five Oh

Fed Five Oh
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

Are you of the opinion that Ron P. has more delegates than Santorum?:tongueout:

14. Gary W Trott

Gary W Trott
    Expand Collapse
    Prickley Fan

Goalie, The weakness in that theory about Ron Paul delivering his young supporters to Romney is that it just won't happen. Those young supporters aren't going to compromise their beliefs and support Romney or one of the other GOP candidates. Should Dr. Paul not win the nomination they will either vote for a third party candidate, write in Ron Paul, or not cast a vote for president at all.

15. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix
    Expand Collapse
    Anti-Federalist
    CLM

I agree.

16. Stubudd

Stubudd
    Expand Collapse

I don't know, i doubt it. But in missouri, where santorum won huge in the primary vote and paul got something like 12%, it looks like paul is going to end up with the majority of the delegates. I think the same thing is happening in several places, like nevada. I don't know, i don't think anybody knows what is really happening, and it's not over anyway.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...elegate-strategy-confound-conventional-wisdom

http://www.businessinsider.com/is-ron-paul-secretly-winning-the-missouri-caucus-2012-3

santorum beat him 55% to 12% in primary beauty contest, and is getting killed where it counts, apparently

17. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE
    Expand Collapse

Have you at least watch the video he posted?

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it is realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. - Ron Paul

18. RCP

RCP
    Expand Collapse

:cool:

19. Stubudd

Stubudd
    Expand Collapse

And from what i understand, even those are only bound for the first round. If the first round isn't decisive, ie romney doesn't get the 1144 or whatever it is on the first round, then even the bound delegates from those winner take all states become unbound and can change to whoever they want for the next round. In other words, if romney doesn't take it on the first shot, anything could happen. I think i've got that right, not positive.

20. Stubudd

Stubudd
    Expand Collapse

either way, the MSM "delegate tracker" is propaganda at best, total BS at worst. nobody knows until it happens