close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wow... I am too masculine for where I work? WTF?!?!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock20 10mm, Jan 9, 2013.

1. railfancwb

railfancwb

2. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller

The "delusional world" corporate people live in is far from fantasy. Income statements and balance sheets published every month show what kind of job the corporate types are doing.

Their ain't no place to hide when the financials come out, bud. Shareholders see the numbers. Board members see the numbers. The investing public sees the numbers. This is 'reality' up close and personal.

You may be watching too much TV.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013

3. Dakotaota

Dakotaota

4. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I agree. :rofl: I have seen people who are intimidated because of Blacks with "dreads". I have seen people who are intimidated because of "Long hair", or "shaved heads:. But I do see people who are just "intimidated". :embarassed:

5. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Strange, those wives of people in the military don't feel the same way. :wavey:

6. New23

New23

I suggest you consult with an employment law attorney to see what your rights and risks really are. There's a lot of bad info "out there" so go get some of the good stuff.

7. rangerabn

rangerabn

Maybe, but not likely. I have worked at typical large corporation for 18 years, and was recently told the same thing, that I intimidated some people because of my knowledge, confidence, and height. I am just a little over 6 ft. tall, an aging grandfather who is noted for his calm and nice demeanor.
    Go figure. Many of the men (and a few women) who work here also have commented on the general "wussification" of our male workforce, especially the upper management types. Seems you can't get promoted around here unless you are one of the "girls". Sad, sad, sad.

8. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Actually, Bud, I have been doing product management in Silicon Valley for over twenty years. The largest financials I ever handled was for an account that generated $44 million a year in revenue for my company. They left shortly after I did.

The type of fantasy that I am talking about is the delusional personalities who think that they have a great deal of power and charisma. When these people retire or are laid off, then reality comes crashing in as they realize that their success and perceived power were all an illuison propped up by their temporary corporate status. That job which causes them to refer to the corporation D'jour as WE, is not part of them. It is on loan, for as long as they can cling to it.
    Since America has lost something like10 million jobs to China and India, I think a lot of corporate types need to do a reality check.

9. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

That is definitely reality, but I guarantee you that when someone starts shooting at you or otherwise trying to kill you it gets way more "up close and personal" than that.

10. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Well... here is the first course I have to attend...

Find What Works; Build From There

Description and Notes
    Below are the details about this activity including activity description, user notes and instructor notes.

Description:
    In this interactive workshop, we’ll examine the causes of workplace negativity and focus on how to build a healthier and more respectful work environment. Learn tools and behaviors to help you build bridges and maintain positive working relationships.

In this session, participants will:

• Identify components of workplace health develop a plan for improvement
    • Practice assertive communication behaviors that demonstrate respect
    • Learn how to apply effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills

11. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

And the second class...

Transcending Stress
    productivity, relationships and quality of life. In this interactive session, participants will have the opportunity to learn and practice a variety of empowering techniques to transcend daily stress. Like a breath of fresh air, this workshop will provide you with tools to move beyond stress and build on the positives in your life.

In this session, participants will learn:

- The power of breathing, meditation and humor in stressful times
    - How to shift your attitude and self-talk from stress to empowerment
    - Lifestyle modifications to help you let go of stress and focus on the positive

12. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Hahahah
    Sounds like "fun"

At least you get paid to attend.
    Seriously, go in with an open mind.

Do you remember the line on the movie The International?
    The bad guy is playing chess with his son and asks him what does one do when he finds himself in a situation he cant get out.
    The kid responds, "Go further in".
    Think about it.

Good luck.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. Ballisticism

Ballisticism Spray & Pray

Glock20, sincerely with all due respect, the Marine Corps trains soldiers; colleges train sheeple. I am in a similar situation, and am deeply disappointed with my experiences with the postsecondary education system, though it's better if you're employed by it than being "educated" by it, IMO.

"They" train people to repeat the answers they've heard and tell them that they are smart, and frown upon assertiveness and independence and ESPECIALLY "hypermasculinity." Don't kid yourself, it's part of a big ****storm of a conspiracy to undermine the strength of the people by marginalizing those who fill the societal role of protector and villainizing independence in thought, action, and attitude.

A phoenix-like rebirth is the only hope.

14. OGW

OGW NRA, SAF

OP, you have my most sincere sympathy.

15. Ballisticism

Ballisticism Spray & Pray

War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.

16. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Well put.
    I've been working in corporations since 1984 and in hindsight, I actually resent the fact that colleges do not emphasize entrepreneurship. Instead, of fostering innovation and new businesses, they teach you how to be a corporate clone.

That said, I think the O.P. needs to be aware that there is a database available to corporations which keeps track of people who have sued their employers. I have to assume that appearing in that database makes finding future employment difficult. Take a valium and pretend to be enlightened by your class.

17. Mr T

Mr T

To Ballisticism: "Colleges train sheeple????" Give me a break, probably the only thing college really imparts to its students (for the most part) is the skill of critical thinking. "Hypermasculinity"???? Really??? Don't you paint a lovely picture yourself and others like you. I call that being an Alpha male ass****!! What a crock of bull. You're a pneumocephelic!!! Sorry, I probably shouldn't use college words. :rofl:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Who trains engineers to design tanks, jets and ships?

19. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Did you even go to college? If so, you obviously aren't too observant. Yes, universities have a left wing bias and train people to be conformist.

You spelled it wrong. It's pneumocephalus. Maybe you're right about one thing. You shouldn't use college words, it makes you look like an airhead.

20. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Possibly you were an honor student in High School, and possibly received a full ride scholarship to an Ivy League institution based on your proven academic prowess; however, I'm also thinking it's obvious you're not an English major.

-"pneumocephelic"- come again? :dunno:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013