close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Wow did O'Reilly get his facts wrong on this one.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by my762buzz, Jul 26, 2012.

1. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

May 17, 2002
    Hallstead, PA
    I am appalled at O'Rielly! He's coming across like any other anti gun looney. I thought he was a conservative. Guess not.:shocked:

2. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

Feb 15, 2012
    Minneapolis
    O'Reilly has always been a ********** idiot!!

3. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    A holier-than-thou tool, he's always been.

4. O'Reilly really was a pinhead in that segment. Congressman Chaffetz tried to give him the facts but O'Reilly wouldn't listen. (He must have caught a lot of flak for this because he backed off a bit in tonight's show.)

BTW, what the hell are "heavy weapons"? :shocked:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  5. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

Oct 20, 1999
    Maine USA
    O'Reilly ignorance is amazing and flat out painful.
    I am tired of his tactic of yelling down the other guy too.

6. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    I surprised O'Reilly wasn't called out in that 60,000 rounds of ammo nonsense. Holmes bought 6,000 rounds, not 60,000. Pretty big difference there.

Also, regardless of how much ammo he bought over the internet, he only had a couple of hundred rounds on him when he committed his crime. He could have bought that much at Bass Pro Shop or Gander Mountain without anyone so much as blinking an eye.

7. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
    He attempts to position himself as 'the rational' or 'adult' or 'fair' one. So, he has to say something bad about guns.

8. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    It's another way to put his fingers in his ears and go "lalalalalalalala" If you talk over someone else, say what you want and change the subject back to the original topic all in one breath, one hopes their point came across since the other person won't have time to go back and tell them that they're wrong.

[​IMG]

9. dukeguy

dukeguy

Jul 15, 2010
    According to him, "AK-47's, bazookas and grenade launchers."

10. Decguns

Decguns

Dec 29, 2003
    NC
    I like O'Reailly, but his information on a great many subjects is just wrong. When it comes to guns, Wall Street and oil... he doesn't know anything about them. Honestly, we all have a good laugh when he talks about the oil industry. No clue at all.

11. timdske

timdske

Jul 16, 2012
    Illinois
    I've been watching him for a while now. I saw this segment the other day. All I have to say is I lost a lot of respect for him. He had no clue of what he was talking about.

12. DonD

DonD

Dec 21, 2001
    Central TX
    O'Reily was a consummate ass on that video clip. Does this jerk really believe that you can legally buy a howitzer w/o the government knowing about it?

Massively rude as well, infantile shouting down your guest to preclude them from having their say.

Sad too is that what most shooters refer to as an AK-47 is a semi auto. The public thinks full auto. Don

13. DRhodes

DRhodes

Jul 24, 2012
    Ozark Mountains
    I get the impression O'Reilly worships O'bama; a shared Irish ancestry is the most likely reason...:whistling:

O'Reilly will be the first to claim having had an anti-Obama stance immediately after Romneyfication and immediately prior to busting Mitt's chops ad nauseum during his term(s); as a professional fence-rider, that's how he generates the most income.

Have you ever read one of his books? Pap.

14. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    The longer Bill O'Reilly is on the air the more he exhibits the signature liberal debate tactic of shouting down those who disagree with him. His show used to be very good, now it's still pretty good but suffers segments where O'Reilly The Know-Nothing Blowhard has it all wrong and shows he blabs about many things he knows nothing about.

15. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    I used to be a big O'Reilly fan years ago - I tuned him out after Obama was elected. On his radio show, he used to talk about a scenario... IF it were to occur in 6 months or 12 months later, how upset he would be...

Then, 6 or 12 months later when even "x" did happen, and he was pushed on it by a caller... He'd always capitulate with excuses... Since Obama has been elected, it's amazing how transparent O'Reilly has become... He is NOT conservative... I just gave up watching him, because I couldn't take it anymore

16. Dawolf

Dawolf

Sep 18, 2010
    Arizona
    As Clint Eastwood aka Dirty Harry would say "he is a legend in his own mind." He give B.O a run for his money in the egomaniac dept.