close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Wow campus cops

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by BULLRUNN, Oct 26, 2012.

1. BULLRUNN

BULLRUNN Double Tap

Oct 1, 2001
    Hampton Roads
    [ame="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhypQPX7hWbNKgLdXF"]http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhypQPX7hWbNKgLdXF[/ame]

[ame="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhypQPX7hWbNKgLdXF"]Video: Old Dominion University Student Snaps On Police After Being Ran Over By Officer![/ame]

Not sure if the first link works... WOW JUST WOW...

2. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Two hypotheses here:

A) Someone's mommy didn't wipe their bum enough when they were very young.

B) Someone's mommy wiped their bum all the way into their teen age years.

I vote 'B'.

3. OLY-M4gery

OLY-M4gery

Nov 7, 2001
    Southern WI
    If you listen, the video starts with him complaining he ALMOST got hit.

4. Mattz

Mattz

Nov 16, 2005
    Sad display of police presence, but I suppose it trickles down from the top.

5. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Aug 21, 2006
    Just OK
    If I spoke with anyone that way my dad would've whooped my ass so hard I'd still be feeling it!

6. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    IMO, a citizen who was faced with that display would have been justified in knocking the mouth on his butt. I'm not sure that the officer's restraint is laudable.

7. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    University Police are not and cannot afford to be hard chargers. They work for liberal administrators who are not cops, have zero law enforcement background, and generally do not appreciate or like police.

If a university cop acted like a 17 year veteran of LAPD's 77st division or any other metro PD, they'd be fired within the first week of FTO.

8. Mattz

Mattz

Nov 16, 2005
    Oh no... I get that... but there were points to that video, especially when he slams down his skateboard and takes a position where it appears he's going to assault one of the cops that you would think the nanny gloves would come off.

9. groovyash

groovyash

Aug 5, 2003
    Depends on the department... Around here the Pitt cops will put boot to ass just as fast as anybody working for the city with the addition that they will go the extra mile to get the actor thrown out of school on top of to a trip to jail. Other college police in the area not so much.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  10. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Agreed. I retured to university after retiring, so I see a lot of nonsense that I don't agree with.

I have talked to several university cops and the long timers there are all retired from another agency. They count on most university students being full of attitude and very little action. Thankfully, most of them are.

11. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Texas
    I don't think I could have handled it that well. He probably could have cuffed him if he wanted to. I think that dbags behavior falls under disorderly conduct does it not? Props to the officer for keeping it as cool as he did.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  12. One day "Junior" is going to pull this same routine on a copper who may not be as tolerant and I have a funny feeling that the encounter will not end well for him....:whistling:

13. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Back in the day where I work he probably would have gotten slapped so hard that he would have asked what day of the week it was. Twitchy punk.

14. TactiCool

TactiCool

Feb 1, 2012
    Southeast LA.
    It's a shame this punk wasn't introduced to an x26. Would have taught him a valuable life lesson.

15. Hack

I like the old fashion approach. Wood shampoo.

16. Hack

17. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

The restraint is one thing, but letting the kid get so out of hand and throw things and cuss and make personal insults and take a fighting stance up in your face is another... you let it go like that and every kid thinks they can do the same thing. Why even bother having a police department then?

The kid needs to be told to calm down and if not, taken for disturbing the peace or in that instance, can be taken for simple assault under CA law.

18. I work for a very liberal department and have been told that we are supposed to be verbal punching bags, so we take insults a verbal attacks all day long. However as soon as someone starts posturing and throwing objects around in a violent manner, it's time for the cuffs to go on, at the very least for officer safety.

But universities are a different world all together.

19. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    Yep, seriously....can't believe even the partner didn't move.

If you take a fighting stance with me or one of my other officers and get chest to chest - I am going to assume you plan on fighting me/us. That was a no-brainer assault arrest.