Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Wounds + super glue

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by mc_oliver, Sep 27, 2004.

1. mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    I managed to drive the web of my hand into my beavertail really hard while clearing a stuck case. I now have a 5mm deep wound there.

Anybody tried the superglue treatment?

Napanood ko kasi 'to sa CSI tapos sa google also had lots of info about it.
  2. cznayr

cznayr Dis-member

Jun 14, 2004
    Only athletes use that to immediately close the wound because as a rule you can't play if you have an open wound. Sabi ng mga doctors baka mainfect daw kaya mahirap gamitin yun pero the athletes use it often ala naman nangyayari masama..

3. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    Ayos 'yan ah, you would glue your wound shut. ;f Nakita ko pinaka effective ointment yung bactroban (sp?). Works great on operation scar and tatoos. ;f
  4. Mc_O if memory serves me right i think that kind of treatment originated in Vietnam as an immediate first aid.
    I agree with batangueno, the bactroban works great. Its has been used by my wife in treating her patients. Even I use it.
    Hope this helps;f
  5. Akala ko yung katulad ke Rambo2 na nagsunog siya ng isang bala sa abdominal wound nya. ;P

Sterilized na, instant shutoff pa ang bleeding nya! :cool: Parang glue na rin yun, di ba? ;)
  6. agentrod

Jan 12, 2004
    Yes I saw that once on TV, barefoot water ski'ers using that to close their (foot) wounds.

No side effects huh? Chemicals released by that stuff is nasty, irritates my eyes.
  7. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003

yeah, glues them up in one piece;f
  8. bagito

bagito tanod

Mar 7, 2004
    dunno if HISTOACRYL is available dyan sa pinas, but this is the one
    we are using specially for deep facial lacerations or any deep wound na hindi applicable subcutecular stitch para maiwasan suture marks. made by BRAUN MEDICAL. hope it helps
  9. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    sure. cyanoacrylate is used in closing up lacerations. medical grade and sterile nga lang kelangan.

had a patient who accidentally squirted mighty bond inside her right eye. had to surgically remove and open up her eye as it glued her eyelid shut!

sir dbp: you're wifey is also a physician? what specialty? regarding the surefire light on your Rem 870, how'd you mount it? meron na ako nitrolon and pressure switch nabili. can't figure out how to mount it and where on the shotgun
  10. jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    to be safe use something natural, biodegradable and readyly available.

kulangot lang ang katapat!!!!b;f do remove any hair before applyingb;f
  11. julianz

julianz toxic master

Sep 24, 2003
    sand castle

;z ;z ;z ;z

seriously i wouldnt use glue to patch my wounds

most glue/adhesives contain hazardous chemicals that can cause skin irritation , blindness etc...some emits formaldehyde( formalin) fume and trust me i work with formalin a relly nasty stuff can cause cancer.

check this site for details
  12. good idea 9mx. i'll try to use it sometime.~1 ;i
  13. mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Whew! Sinubukan ko but it's far more trouble to keep your fingers from getting glued together than to patch up the wound. Band aid na lang nilagay ko. ;f

Good discussion guys. :)
  14. Eyecutter yes my wife is a pediatrician. I have mounted a tac light in my Rem 870 by attaching it to the side saddle hopefully if I'm not busy with my 2 mo. old son I could see you guys at d range. ;)
  15. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    Too tired to retype what I posted at THR back in January ;f,
    so... check it out if please...

mc_oliver, otc superglue will give you methyl toxicity and the alcohol induced heat of curing may burn tissue. Furthermore, as you noted, application's a biatch. Dermabond (octyl cyanoacrylate) is flexible, rather than brittle as otc superglue.

As a spray application, field-suture grade cyanoacrylate works.
    Ask Vietnam veteran medics...
  16. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    In bowling, we use this clear liquid applied with a small brush called "skin patch" to temporarily seal peeled skin of the fingers. Dries and seals almost instantly. The only downside is that it hurts like hell when applied. So its popular use is to apply the solution beforehand to where the skin usually breaks.