close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

would you want your GF/Wife to know where you were any time they wanted?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by bocaboca, Jun 22, 2012.

1. bocaboca

bocaboca

my GF has an Ipad.....I have an Iphone....I was going to put an App on her Ipad that would allow me/her to find/track my phone (via GPS) in the event it got lost or stolen...but then I got to thinking.....she could punch a few buttons on her Ipad to find out where I was any time she wanted.....not that I have anything to hide.....but still.....it would be like Big Sister was watching over me.....i decided not to do it.....was i being paranoid?

2. Wil Ufgood

Wil Ufgood GTDS #88 CLM

Before marriage, GFs no. Wife no problem, nothing to hide.

3. aplcr0331

aplcr0331 Compulsory Collectivisim

The fact that you your self thought about GIVING a girlfriend the means to track you makes you less of a man. Paranoid? That's not the question, the question is where are your balls?

You have come back from the brink by not doing it, but please tread lightly before all hope is lost.

4. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

agreed. generally when im off in the woods or fishing the phone stays in the truck anyway.

5. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

This thread has potential to be a doozy.

Answer: no, I wouldn't want them to know. Nothing to hide, but I don't want to feel "watched".

6. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Well, I have no cares if someone cares enough about me to want to know where I am.

Your red flag should be it sounds like you don't trust her enough to have her know where you are.......

7. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

I would be fine with it.

8. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Them knowing where I am is a far cry from them demanding I be only where they want me to be............and when.

If you've let your SO rule you to that point..........give up, eh?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  9. aplcr0331

aplcr0331 Compulsory Collectivisim

While you are at it make sure to visit your local PD and Sheriff and give them a list of your guns and what ammo you carry. You're not a criminal right? Got nothing to hide?

Keep voluntarily giving up your freedom. Eventually you'll get to something you do care about.

10. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

everyone needs some freedom and privacy every once in a while. Never let anyone track you

11. wjv

wjv

I have no problem tracking my wife.

All I have to do is log onto our bank account; look at out checking account; see where she's been spending money . . . . :supergrin:

12. PBCounty

PBCounty

Not happening for me.

13. rtl

rtl Robby The Guy Millennium Member

i coudn't care less if my wife always knew my location......i'd happily tell her if she asked anyway

14. 3000fps

3000fps

There's an APP you can buy that if she / you call 911, the phone will send a distress text to whomever you designate with your GPS coordinates. That would be better suited IMO.

If you're worrying about someone "tracking" you, the GOV can watch you with your iphone whenever they feel like it.

They can turn the camera on and see what's going on, use GPS to track you, and audio input for audio in the pocket.

Edited, even hackers are able to do this. They can turn your webcam on your computer on with malicious software.

15. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old SoulSoul

Not a chance in hell.

16. patermagnus

patermagnus

I would have no problem with it.

That way she could have supper on the table as I am pulling into the garage!

17. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

What works best for me is to give it all to them. Passwords, tracking ability, everything. Do it as soon as they ask without hesitation like you should have thought of it first. Why not? She's sleeping naked next to me with a Sog Seal knife in the nightstand. Ain't like I don't already trust her to the extreme. Then....

The second they use it against you in some BS way, like going off about some email to some chick from work named Julie (because she knows you have an ex 15 girlfriends back named Julie and can't separate the two in her chick brain) then jerk it all out from under her.

Fine. You can't handle this information without nosing around in my data and twisting some message about planning a company picnic with 300 lb Julie from work into "I'm sneaking off to have a romantic picnic with Julie that I kissed under the bleachers in high school" then you just can't handle this information.

If she's a good woman there won't be any problems. If she's a physco better learn now than in 15 years later after she's squirted out 3 of your kids.

18. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Have Lookout on my phone. Lets you locate your phone via the GPS. Wife has used it at least once to figure out where I was because I was driving and wouldn't answer the phone.

19. wallytoo

wallytoo FA4AA

I'm happily married, got nothing to hide, and wouldn't care if she knew where I was. That's not to say that I would turn on the phone and answer it at her every whim. My ex-wife tried to use the cell phone as a short leash, so I got rid of it. I guess I'm with the crowd that sees the difference in 'knowing where I am' versus 'determining where I am'.

Usually I'm at work, or on my lazy butt in front of the computer on Glock Talk until the range is open, anyway.

20. Adjuster

Adjuster

I could turn computer microphones and cameras on, print stuff on their printer, flip their screen upside down, search their hard drive etc etc. All with a program called 'Sub7'. This was back in the late 90's. It was this program and others like it that forced the camera manufactures to install red lights on the cameras to indicate when they were active. It was just crazy nuts that I could turn on some random persons camera and see everything they were doing.

/