Would you turn yours in?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by SC_Dave, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Hey Jason, I don't think you understand. We aren't going to prison! :steamed:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I see that Yahoo.com has an article titled "Secession petitions filed in 20 states" The last secssion wasn't so peaceful.

Tried to get a link to this story but not having any luck.

#142 flyover, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  3. IMHO, I believe you are all going about this the wrong way, saying that they'll be some sort of fight "when" they confiscate weapons.

BB can take all our guns away without much of a fight. They don't have to ban GUNS or ammo anytime soon. All they have to do is what they are doing RIGHT now. DESTROY THE ECONOMY. And you will never expect a thing when your out of a job. Only when the majority of the poplulation is destitute and starving will they come for the weapons, after ammunition is virtually gone, can't buy it if the companies are out of business, and you don't have money anyhow.

If anything is going to be banned, I'd guess it woud be storage/hoarding large quantities of FOOD/Water.

If most of the population is starving, how are they going to fight. Even the best Soldiers starve to death. Don't forget about looters, rioters and civil unrest in general, reasons to use up valuable ammo.

They have set the course, and someone has done his homework well on how to control/disarm a population. Feinstein not so much. It's like cooking frogs, gently and slowly increase the heat.

Oh yeah, do you think the military recruits they'll get from the ghetto's care about you or your Families, they're use to killing people over nothing. And they will follow orders to the T. Once the orders do come down to confiscate weapons. But that will not happen first, like I already said other more important liberties/amenities will be taken first.

Again just MHO

4. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Serious tin foil hattery going on here

5. One point that we all need to keep in our minds is that the Feds have no idea what guns we have (other than NFA weapons). This is a law that was passed by Congress (The Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986). And I can tell you for a fact that the Feds truly have no idea what non-NFA guns any of us own. Now, state registration is a separate issue, so states like California and New York do know what you have, so you're hosed on that level, but surprisingly, Illinois has no state registration.

The bottom line is that the US Government will not be coming for your guns.

6. I sold all my guns and didnt ask for a receipt. Thanks for stopping by.

Can you just take a look around?

Nope...not unless you have a warrant.

7. Dude, I posted from an ipad and it must have auto corrected.
    Thanks for noticing.

8. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

If they get to the point where they are taking guns, I doubt they will need to comeback with warrant.

9. Electrikkoolaid

Electrikkoolaid Grape flavored!

[​IMG]

The first rule of [gun rights] fight club...

10. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

What a strange coincidence that the moment that EBR's are required to be turned in is the moment that they find their true purpose.

A decade ago, my son returned home from a day at kindergarten and asked me, " Daddy, Why do you have a gun? Only police men are supposed to have guns."

A can tell you from experience that it takes over an hour of time and several sessions before a kindergartener is able to say, "My Daddy has a gun to protect the Constitution that keeps us free."

How will we remain a free people if we give up the means to enforce our claim to our rights. When they ask for the guns we must fight to keep them. If not, the day they are turned in, somewhere in this country sits a rail car that will see service hauling those who will not conform.

11. Electrikkoolaid

Electrikkoolaid Grape flavored!

The gov doesn't have to go door-to-door to get guns.

They just make a few high-profile busts on TV, use the media to demonize the few patriots who actually have the cajones to go down fighting, and the majority of gun owners will pee themselves racing to comply.

Those left will have to hide their guns so deep as to make them essentially useless.

Just ask the IRS how easy it is to intimidate the masses into compliance with unpopular legislation.

12. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Over my dead body is the only way they ever will.

:50cal:

13. Out of curiosity for those that would fight, are there any circumstances in which you might not fight when they come for your guns? Suppose you glanced out the front and back doors and there were say a couple dozen or more heavily armed and armored tactical types - the odds were overwhelmingly against you. What if instead of at home, they came for you at work, or at the grocery store?

14. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

As a Type 3 FFL (C&R) holder, we are subject to an annual inspection of our C&R guns and bound book from the BATFE. I have yet to be called for inspection, but from what I have read, the common practice is to have all your C&R guns out of your safe and ready for inspection before the agent enters your home.

What if the agent asks to view the rest of your collection? What if the agent suspects you may be hiding certain C&R weapons from your bound book and demands to see them all to make sure?

These reasons could be used as the guise to also try to spot any banned "assault rifles" at the same time. This worries me greatly.

15. I would add: you have your wife and kids with you...

If the gov comes for you unless you have a sizable force you're screwed. Any resistance would have to have widespread support.

Maybe the "Cold dead hands" types would inspire that support, but you as an individual will not survive.

16. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

Who would pay the many millions of dollars it would take to pay all of the officers to do such a confiscation?

Not going to happen........ :rofl:

17. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936
    Millennium Member

Nobody is going to demand that you turn in anything that you already lawfully possess and nobody is going to "come for your guns". I realize that many guns were taken during katrina but those guns have been returned and those acts condemed. Many things may happen and (worse case), we may not be able to sell or transfer banned weapons already "in possession" but even that would be unlikely- possible but unlikely.

Do I believe that a new AWB is likely? (Sure do). Do I believe that our gun laws are going to eventually become something akin to a UK model? (Yep)..How long? Not in our lifetime.

#157 FireForged, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  18. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I don't recall anyone saying they would face the tyrannical government forces ALONE. We didn't face the Brits on an individual basis during the Revolution.

Obviously, this wouldn't and couldn't be a revolution of individuals acting alone against a tyrannical government.

So, the appropriate question is: How many here would join forces (militia) and fight for the freedom of our country? Or would you just roll over?

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom — go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams

#158 racer88, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  19. Would the militia all live together or would you go back to the family homestead at night? Do you leave the guns at the militia office or do they go home with you at night? How does the militia communicate - email? Is that monitored?

20. Any Aussies on here? They could tell you how the government did it when they confiscated all the guns in Oz.