Would you turn yours in?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by SC_Dave, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Is she hot??

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

That's ****ed up.

3. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

I'm so far to the right that I can tap myself on my left shoulder:supergrin:

TGG

4. At that time, didn’t Americans get mad and dump some Tea in a Harbor over a 3% tax?

Now, taxes are over 33%. After Obama Care goes into effect, each state will be different but I have read in the state of Oregon with all the taxes taken from a paycheck, it could be around 57%.

Times have changed and there are a large percentage of people who will give up freedom for security. Election Day proved that.

5. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

I, unhappily, suspect that you are right about most of this. :crying:

6. I do believe if an all out ban happened that as some have said here, there would be a lot of the "cold dead hands" talkers turning in their guns.
    If I was younger and my kids where still little I would be one of those big talkers turning in my guns.
    I am middle aged now and an angry white man who if pushed into a corner will NOT go down without a fight!
    I hope there at least a few of us that would still be willing to die for what we believe in....
    Hope we never have to find out!

#86 45caldan, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  7. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

This. Ban (1994)followed by registration (1934) with no possibility of transfer of ownership (Feinstein's new proposal)

As far as the people that say they won't turn them in, they will and anyone that decides to go the patriot way will be seen as a wild eyed crazed militia member. Look at the way Randy Weaver was viewed at the time. A lot of gun owners supported the state and their actions at the time. Now, as the truth has come out, Weaver is viewed in a different light. Same thing with the Branch Davidians. A lot of people supported Janet Sterno and the state sanctioned torching of women and children.

#87 Ruble Noon, Nov 11, 2012
  8. Japan did not invade America in WWII because they could not logistically nor militarily not because of "armed American citizens". Your referring to the Yamamoto quote but taking it out of context.

And we are nowhere near the point of needing to form militias. You are confusing the fact that you disagree with the results of the elections / direction the country is currently headed with the ideal that it was / is somehow unconstitutional and thus demands an armed response from the citizens.

The effective way to correct the direction the country is headed is thru the political system not thru some unreasonable internet babble about a revolution. :wavey:

And as posted logistically it is impossible to enforce door to door confiscation. Anybody have even a single example of something even half that scale ever occurring in America?

#88 Ruggles, Nov 11, 2012
  9. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

No need to confiscate - just make them illegal and issue an amnesty period.
    Anyone caught with one after the amnesty period goes to jail, regardless of the circumstances.

What is the use of owning one, if you can never use it. Ever.

10. Radam3

I dobt think it'll be guns they'll confinscate. They will just take ALL the ammo off the market. What good are guns without ammo? No reloading supplies, nothing.

Yes, many of you have stockpiles of it (some more than others...) but with no more EVER available, how willing would you be for a day on the range???

Then you have to figure, all the ammo you have now, is all you will ever have. And we all know, you can never have enough.

So unless we take to the streets, most people are going to value thier ammo more than gold. And I have never seen anyone just got out for a day to throw out old gold....

I dont care what anyone says, I WILL go down fighting! If someone knocks on my door asking for my guns, they will get one bullet at a time! That way it will be at LEAST one less guy to go try to take my neighbors guns!

Before you can lead, you must refuse to follow

11. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

This:

Other than defending family and friends, any sort of attempt at firearms confiscation will lead to me fighting to the death.

Might sound silly, but you have to have principals, and line you draw that is not to be crossed. That would be mine. The 2A is the Ammendment that guarantees all other rights in this country.

Still, I highly doubt we are going to see anything of such nature, but ya never know.

Nothing could be worse than being forced to fight amongst ourselves, brother versus brother. We've done it once, I hope it never happens again.

#91 M&P15T, Nov 11, 2012
  12. don't do like gunkid did and sell your only handgun to two Black Muslim guys from NYC.

13. Maybe but I doubt it. .223 is too established as a sporting/hunting round. Also there are billions of 5.56/.223 rounds in existence, that is more or less an endless supply in the scenario of a ban.

I can foresee the attempt to bring back the AWB of the 90s but can not see an attempt to to bring an all out ban. I do not think it is a top priority of Obama at all.

Also the day Feinstein does not try a gun ban is the day I will take notice of her. :rofl:

14. Just know that if that happens again this time the South is gonna kick the crap out the Yankees :tongueout:

15. G-34

the reason they banned MODEREN full autos, and rocket launchers and tanks and things of this nature for civillians is.............

SO THAT IF THERE EVER WAS ANOTHER REVOLUTION ATTEMPT THEY COULD CRUSH US WITHOUT EVEN TRYING VERY HARD!!!

even if all the people of the USA went against the goobermint, we would all get our arses handed to us,

think about it.. we would NEVER stand a chance of defeating the tyranny ever again:faint::steamed::steamed::steamed:

16. They can't have mine....

17. 1. The U.S. military is not going to turn on the citizens of the U.S. in some tyrannical overthrow of the CoTUS. Not now and not in our lifetime.

2. History is full of examples of "outgunned" forces over coming superior firepower. Not to mention we have 10mm handguns so no problem with armored forces. :tongueout:

18. If this scenario were to happen, I believe that many in the military and law enforcement would refuse to follow orders. I think that the first few citizens to resist and die would make the news and be portrayed as terrorists. Hopefully we would later make the history books as true patriots. Once the government sees that we will resist tyranny and that LEO and military are refusing to take our guns by force the government will give in.

I don't think gun confiscation will actually happen, but if it does it will not end successfully. This would create the next civil war, and there are far more of us than them. Yes, they are better equipped, but most of them wont be able to stomach our constitution getting trampled and killing civilians. I believe they would desert in mass numbers.

19. Again, you think they have the manpower to visit evry single FFL in the nation and get copies of the 4473s and bound books?

Again, showing up to the FFLs to havest the 4473s would require massive manpower. Plus all the time and manpower to go through them. It's not that feasible to scan them, either. The paper used for the forms is crappy, and starts to degrade. Ive seen 18 month old 4473s that were falling apart and completely unreadable due to faded ink and rotting paper.

As for NICS, FL does it all at a state level. Even then, they get your info, and type of firearm. No make, model, serial number, etc. They know if it is a pistol, long arm, or receiver. Same goes for states that use federal NICS. Even if they did ignore federal law (which mandates destruction of the records within 72 hours, as I remember) and keep records, that's still a thin amount of info to go on.

20. G-34

10mm..... will not go through armor:faint:

im sure you were being sarcastic tho:supergrin: