Would you turn yours in?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by SC_Dave, Nov 9, 2012.

1. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Given the seemingly inevitable outcome of your Plan D, what is your Plan E???

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. +1 on that. :steamed:

3. So be it. :steamed:

4. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Two options:

1. I'll give up my guns - boolits first. One at a time.

2. I'll give up my guns, when they pay me exactly what I have invested in them.

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

If the Blue helmets show up, they will be bringing me new guns.....

:whistling:

6. RedNine

RedNine AutomatedSystem

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. :thumbsup:

7. Only will give them up IF they compensate me for a minimum 150% of what I have invested in each one. That way I can go buy more handguns.

8. DougW

DougW Native Texan

Come and take em!

9. Well, count me as one who would probably piss himself if a SWAT team came to the door at 03:00, but chances are that there are enough of us who would tell the feds to F*#@^ off that it would slow them down long enough to at least hide some hardware. Not saying I have any, mind you. I lost all mine in a boating accident.

Love the comment about the blue helmets. Home shopping has a whole new meaning, now.

#49 scattershot, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  10. I certainly would resist, but it is doubtful that 99% of us would last more than 30 seconds against a SWAT team.

11. I won't care what color helmet or uniform they're wearing.

12. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

There aren't enough SWAT teams to visit half the homes (at least) in America. Confiscation by force is simply a logistical (and tactical) impossibility, IMO.

13. They will never get mine...never!

14. Tango 1Zero

Millennium Member

**** them! And **** the U.N. They will take us all down one by one if we set in our homes and cry about it.
    If it starts you better be in the streets and ready to fight.

15. Guns?

What guns? Oh, you mean my old rusty H&R .22 revolver? Or my Iver Johnson 12 gauge single shot?

Yep, guess I'd turn them in if I could find them.

Deaf

16. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

It would take millions of SWAT teams across the U.S. to even begin confiscation of firearms in the U.S.

Will those same SWAT team members be going in on their friends, neighbors, and even own family members?

Not gong to happen.

It is a interesting subject to talk about on the net though.

:cool:

17. Dude she (they) do this every time year and every new session of Congress and anytime there is a "shooting".

18. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

If someone were vigilant, and an active gun owner, they probably have a number of rifles and sidearms they bought P2P and don't have a paper trail.....

As for me, I am a law abiding citizen, and will follow the law. :whistling:

19. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

No it wouldn't. A huge percent of the guns in circulation would be turned in. When they are turned in, the corresponding 4473 could be moved to a "completed" file. SWAT teams wouldn't need to get EVERY gun, just the ones not turned in.

In a heartbeat. Or they would have some of their LE colleagues do it.

And don't think "I lost them in a boating accident" is going to work. After hearing that 5 times, the BATFE will write a policy that deals with just that kind of response. It will then be up to YOU, at the point of a gun, to describe under oath, EXACTLY where you lost those weapons. I suspect the 4473 will be grounds for a search warrant.

Don't think bureaucrats aren't up to the task.

But I don't think it's going to happen either. But I don't doubt the BATFE would LOVE to do it.

#59 Sporaticus, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  20. I don't own nor have I ever owned any guns that will leave my cold, dead hands.