close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Would you shoot rioters if they were neighbors?

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by JuneyBooney, Apr 15, 2012.

1. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Dec 27, 2003
    Louisiana, CSA
    I don't have any neighbors, but if the people nearest to me were rioting...I guess that would have to be their problem. Being home protecting my wife and kids is going to be priority #1.

2. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    Sometimes I want to shoot my neighbors just because.:tbo:

3. CanMan

CanMan Silver Member

Jun 15, 2012
    in flagrante
    I think Bren pretty much nailed it. Unless it was a Flash Mob, neighbors would be the ones up to bat.... It'd be a riot.

4. domin8ss

domin8ss

Feb 20, 2012
    Although it is very unlikely to happen in my neighborhood because I live in off-base military housing, yes. If I reasonably felt mine or my families lives were in jeopardy, absolutely. However, with that said, my neighborhood is loaded with people that have their own firearms. We'd probably get together and form defensive perimeters in order to 1) evict rioters, and 2) keep them away.

5. JLB768

JLB768 Old & Grumpy Lifetime Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Indiana
    My neighborhood is mostly empty (new subdivision). I suppose I would put a limit on them...anyone close enough to throw a molotov cocktail at my home, would be set up for a meeting with their God.

6. JLM63

JLM63

Sep 11, 2010
    Indep, MO
    I probably would not, because we all know they are really good kids who are just about to "get their life back together", right? Any day now, gonna get their life back together. That's how the family always quotes it to the news... (sarcasm)

7. dpadams6

dpadams6

Jan 5, 2010
    "Not my baby" "he was a good boy" "he always did things for others" "he was misunderstood" "he would never do such a thing" "he was gonna get his life back together and go to school" YEAH, OK...

8. tnpatriot

tnpatriot

Mar 3, 2009
    Hey , do you live in my neighborhood? What have you heard? Are them crazy yankees up to no good again ? Well I'm ready for em. I got to go. I see one of em walking real funny, right in front of my house.:steamed:

9. WilliamDahl

WilliamDahl

Sep 12, 2012
    TX Gulf Coast
    As far as I am concerned, anyone who even steps foot on my property is betting their life that I'm in a good mood that day and that is without any rioting to make me even more of a curmudgeon.

10. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

They start coming towards my place, without compunction. But other wise, probably not.

11. mikegun

mikegun

Jun 22, 2006
    colorado
    I was in both Los Angeles riots, and ive seen 1st hand and know how fast things can go downhill, and what "normal people" are capable of, so if the situation warranted it i would shoot people.

12. WilliamDahl

WilliamDahl

Sep 12, 2012
    TX Gulf Coast
    Some of my neighbors, I would be glad to have an excuse to shoot, even if they were not rioting. Especially the HOA Nazis.

13. FloorPoor

FloorPoor

Jan 27, 2013
    Only in the defense of life. Someone beating someone else with a tire iron or setting fire to an occupied home is gonna catch lead. Someone destroying mine or my neighbors property will be warned...

14. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    "Riot" is such a vague term. So hard to pin down its meaning.

If you have neighbors like I used to have I am sure it could be considered "Proactive and preemptive"

I swear I tried to find a legal definition for "retroactive abortion".

15. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

May 19, 2005
    I am inclined, in this instance, to suggest that it be *gasp* applied liberally.

:faint:

16. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

Jan 3, 2007
    CCTX
    From Texas Penal Code.

17. djdavis75

djdavis75

Jun 16, 2013
    I already want to shoot my neighbors, if they start rioting, that's just the excuse I've been waiting on. :supergrin: