close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Would you shoot rioters if they were neighbors?

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by JuneyBooney, Apr 15, 2012.

1. According to many here, you should just be a good witness and let the cops handle it. You're not qualified to clear your own home, much less a riot of this nature. :faint:

My answer, as was said above, if they're old enough to hurt other people, they're old enough to get hurt right back :wow:.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

2. hagar

hagar Millennium Member

Sep 7, 1999
    Columbia, SC
    I ALREADY know which kids in the neighborhood I'm going to shoot first in case of TSHTF. Although there are 2 less recently since momma did not pay the mortgage and they got evicted.:supergrin:

3. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Why would you let a neighbor do something that you would shoot a stranger for? Seems like it would take away the justification for shooting anyone at all in the circumstances:dunno:

4. dango

dango

Jun 9, 2008
    To get respect you got to give respect , yes , I will shoot anyone trying to harm what is mine , even my brother !

5. dcc12

dcc12

Nov 30, 2010
    After watching a show on the 20th anniversary of the Rodney King riots, where the media interviewed people involved at the time. Rioters, LAPD, Korean merchants, citizens. The thoughts of the rioters today was truly scary. Yes if that time comes and you cannot evacuate to safe ground lots of ammo and shoot to wound I don't want dead bodies stinking up the neighborhood, and I do want fellow rioters to feel the need to carry their buddies to help.

6. AZL

AZL

Jun 15, 2012
    Arizona Desert

7. crazycathed

crazycathed

Feb 16, 2009
    cincinnati
    a couple shots from one of my 50's loaded with HP rounds would stop that real quick

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Of course I would. Who are you thinking you might have to shoot, if not your neighbors? How often do you see a riot where people meet across town to get it started? If you are in the middle of a riot, at your home, your neighbors are the rioters.

9. Bluestreakfl

Bluestreakfl

Feb 22, 2011
    If it meant the survival of myself and my loved ones, I wouldn't hesitate. The neighbors on one side are an older couple, I'd make sure they were safe or have them hunker down with us. The other neighbor, well I've never actually met him. He's got a bit larger property, surrounded by fence and trees, motion sensor lights everywhere, and cameras. I just have a feeling anyone trying to enter his property would leave in pieces. We live down a little dirt road off a main state road. It used to be I could sit out back and just listen to the frogs and crickets, but now more often, I hear the sound of someone's rap rumbling everything in a 1/2 mile radius, and the riff raff seems to be slowly encroaching. Hope I never have to worry about it, but I'm prepared if it were to happen. One poster on a similar thread said something that made perfect sense and kinda brought an evil grin to my face. Something to the effect of the first shot goes to the leader, right to the gut or groin. The screaming cries of pain are demoralizing to the rest of the mob. Next shot goes to anyone who runs to aid him.

Sent from my phone booth

10. Yrdawg

Yrdawg Senior Moment

Jan 15, 2006
    Big Woods Louisiana, USA
    As said...better know the law. Sometimes when the smoke clears the good guys become bad guys under the " law " . When and if my situation becomes the protecting of safety and even life ...all bets are off. The ID of the offender matters not.

We live at the dead end of a dirt road, very hard to surprise me and even harder to over run me.

My encouragement to every one is to get out of towns ASAP.

11. AZL

AZL

Jun 15, 2012
    Arizona Desert
    Someone brought up a good point..."neighbor" does NOT necessarily equal "friend".

After having lived for some years in a so-called "neighborhood" in a city before moving to our current digs out in the desert...I couldn't count a single "neighbor" a "friend". True...some were folks we'd wave to, or wave to us. Some looked upon my wife and I as "the cops down the street" and thus...either hated us for our jobs, or avoided us for whatever other reason. My next-door neighbors were in their 60's and were as close to friends as we got there.

The dynamic has changed I suppose in the Home Owner's Association developments many find themselves in. When I was a wee lad...we still had "friends and neighbors" you could count on.

It is just one of the many things that suck nowadays.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  12. Yes, that is self preservation if not self defense.

13. PaulMason

PaulMason

Feb 10, 2010
    You should move to a better neighborhood.

14. HoldHard

HoldHard

Nov 28, 2008
    Motor City 'burbs
    Detroit. July 23, 1967. 43 dead. 1,189 injured.

My next door neighbor handed out his gun collection to selected neighbors he trusted, making sure they were armed.

I clearly remember my father getting a side-by-side 410 shotgun and a handful of shells.

Some things have changed in 45 years. Some have not.

HH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  15. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    when my life or my families is threatened, I will use deadly force to protect myself and my family.

Why is "who is threatening my life" a consideration?

I was on a jury where two jurors worried that convicting a pedophile would "hurt his reputation". Who doesn't matter, lives do.

16. rohanreginald

rohanreginald Novice

Dec 9, 2009
    I know that I have one neighbor who would join me in afire fight if rioting were to envelope our neighborhood.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

17. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Yes especially if it was my neighbor who is a damn yankee yard nazi.

:rofl:

18. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC
    ~ "Would you shoot rioters if they were neighbors?" ~

My "Neighbors" are not like that.....If they turned into ignorant Zombies and started doing the things "ignorant" zombies do.... well of course...its do or die.

19. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    You guys live in the wrong neighborhoods.

I would never live in a neighborhood where I thought my neighbors would riot, no matter what the provocation.

I have great respect for my neighbors, and they have great respect for me. They are honorable and non-violent people. We take care of each other.