close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Would you sell one of your Glocks to buy a SW 19-3?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Buckeye Glocks, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Buckeye Glocks

Buckeye Glocks

Jun 29, 2008
    Just wondering what you all would do. With the hyper inflated prices that people are paying during the panic of '13, I could probably get a good price.
    The Smith 19-3 is in top condition and I have first dibs on this revolver and another Smith 36.
    So, what would you do?

Would you sell a mini-14 to fund the purchases?

Disclaimer: This is not an add to sell any gun.

2. Glock26z

Glock26z

Jul 17, 2010
    Maybe yes or no. I know since the 19-3 is a K-frame,some of them can not handle hot loads over 158 grain before the forcing cone might crack. And, the barrel replacement are hard to get. Call S&W and tell them the serial number and go from there.

3. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland
    Yes, I would.

Considering I paid $247.95 for my beloved 19-4, in 1979, to get a 19-3 in very good to great condition, I'd trade/sell my G30SF in a heartbeat!
    (My G30SF is the lesser of all of my evils. I can still replace it, anytime!) :supergrin:

Here is my beloved 19-4 (Bangor-Punta S&W.)

[​IMG]

ETA: This revolver is NOT for sale, btw!!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  4. Nope, I wouldn't sell a carry gun to buy a safe queen.
    Nope, I wouldn't sell a hi-cap to buy a sixgun.
    Nope, I won't cave in to the gun bans without a fight.

I'd buy a S&W if I wanted one, and I did, but if I had to sell a Glock, that means I couldn't afford it.

Of course, it all depends on how many guns you have, and how many you can afford to keep.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  5. bcgst5

bcgst5

Jan 29, 2013
    Everytime I sold a firearm to buy another I always wound up regretting it in the long haul.

6. elde

elde Lifetime Member

Aug 31, 2008
    Tx
    Wouldn't think twice if the Smith was is in 98% condition. Glocks are a dime a dozen.

7. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Presuming the panic dies down shortly the price for another Glock will drop but my guess is that K frame prices are going to continue to go up or at least hold steady. If I had an extra Glock I would seriously consider selling it to get a Model 19.

8. I have a Model 13-3, and it is no safe queen. Woods gun, nightstand gun, trainer, and my favorite (hand) gun to shoot. I got it for $300 four years ago in very good condition.

I would not sell my only semi-auto (Glock, M&P, Xd, 1911, or what have you) but if I found myself with a redundant or rarely used semi-auto, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Most everyone who has a .357 K-frame loves them. My advice is to do your level best to buy it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  9. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I generally don't sell or trade guns, but a classic Smith appeals to me much more than a Glock.

10. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

May 31, 2011
    Depends on what you will do with the K Frame. If you want it to shoot magnums then no as the forcing cone on K Frames is weak at the bottom. I carried a Model 13 in the past which is the same gun but with fixed sights. The L Frame (586/686) is a better gun for longevity.

11. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
  12. The ONLY time I'd sell a Glock I own would be for a 2 1/2 M19 Combat Magnum IF the M19 had a pinned in barrel, recessed chambers, and was in very good condition.

See I'm a fool for snub K frame magnums and I have a spare Glock I most surly would trade for one! But it would take the one above to get me to trade (or sell.)

Deaf

13. ezthumper

ezthumper

Feb 20, 2013
    Texas
    Never would I sell my Glock...I have plenty of space in my safe for other weapons.

However if i did, I would promptly fall into deep remorse and guilt and go out and buy another Glock to replace the one I sold.

So, yeah, I am hopeless.

14. bigchuck83

bigchuck83

Nov 12, 2011
    Tulsa, Okla.
    if the S&W is in great condition i'd probably sell my glock for it. easy to find a new glock

15. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Oct 12, 1999
    Parts Unknown
    Hell no not right now. No gun gets sold or traded that is a good weapon just to satisfy impulse. I have never traded or sold a perfectly good gun to buy another one and felt good about it after the fact---never.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  16. mingaa

mingaa

Dec 3, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Nope. I buy with a purpose in mind and sweet as it is - I'm not sure what I'd DO with it.

17. donmor53

donmor53

Jan 4, 2013
    ^^^^ this!

18. Shoot. I'd sell ALL my Glocks to buy a Model 19.

Of course, I don't own a Glock....but if I did, I would. :whistling: