close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Would someone PLEASE take Romney by the hand and speak to him?!

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Skyhook, May 10, 2012.

1. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
  2. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA

3. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    From the comment section:

Romney...Did a lot of dumb thing half a century ago in high school.

Obama...Did a lot of dumb things over the last three years as president.

Now considering we are electing a President, which of these two should the media be focusing on....

They'll be interviewing his kindergarten classmates next.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  4. Alizard

Alizard

Apr 5, 2012
    Yes, but he is a warm nostalgic glow for those of us who remember Dan Quayle.....

5. Alizard

Alizard

Apr 5, 2012
    Great thing about being a back-seat whiner, nobody can say with 100% certainty just exactly how much worse the economic train wreck would have been if the GOP had continued on it's course. It would have looked something like the European Union who chose to adopt massive cuts to "balance the economic problems" which completely killed their economic growth and now their whole ship is going under.... while US unemployment has been declining and the economy improving despite the best efforts of the GOP congress and Big Oil to scuttle the recovery.

The Obama bashers are like patients suing the doctors for cutting off the hand with gangrene to save them from dying of blood poisoning.

6. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    Romney is a weather vane. It's got him this far so he just can't help it.

You are completely out of your mind.

7. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    Well, there he goes again.... Alitard.

[​IMG]

8. Bruce H

Bruce H

Dec 5, 2000
    missouri
    The really sad part is Romney should be Obama's running mate, not his opposition.

9. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

Sep 3, 2011
    Kansas
    Real unemployment:

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts

Posted from my iPhone

10. Flintlocker

Flintlocker

Jul 1, 2011
    Republicans look at the 'starve the beast' austerity in Europe with adoring eyes and they're sad they can't bring it here. It would be just the thing they need to crush Social Security, Medicare, public education, and a host of other programs.

11. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    [​IMG]

Who are you this time?

12. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Well, the Kool-aid drinkers have spoken. :upeyes:

13. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Sep 20, 2006
    Galveston County, TX
    :rofl: Republicans are just as content to buy Americans off with those programs as Democrats are. The only objection between the two political parties is who is in charge.

Starting to doubt Flint and Lizzy are zombie 1200. IIRC even 1200 feathers wasn't this belligerently stupid? The racism thing sure but politically I recall 1200 being a bit more astute.

14. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    :thumbsup:

The use of dream sequences and the word 'IF' is really revealing, isn't it?

:supergrin:

15. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Full Disclosure: I am neither a Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal. I vote issue and results. I've said it many times: in 2008 the Democrats could have run anyone and won. The previous administration (along with the GOP) had done just about everything it could to turn its base off to itself. Remember on the news you had Conservatives screaming into the cameras they would "vote for Obama just to p*ss off the Republican party." Really? Are people so stupid they think someone at the GOP headquaters was saying "oh no, Joe Average just said he won't vote for us...quick to the the Republican-moblie?"

I am an Obama basher because as a president he has done a horrible job just like GWB did a horrible job.

In your analogy the difference between the picture you have painted and me?

As an Obama Basher, I wouldn't have waited for my hand to go gangrene to go to the surgeon.

As an Obama Basher, I wouldn't have done whatever your person did to go the hospital in the first place. I can't imagine your person had it injured doing actual work

16. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Wow, so much ignorance in one post. Obama IS pursuing the European plan, which will get us European results - permanent high unemployment and low growth.

Obama can only dream of a GOP economy. Care to compare Obama's 'recovery' (the worst on record) with Reagan's?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703989304575504053230524906.html

17. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    :popcorn:

Are those crickets I hear?!?

18. Alizard

Alizard

Apr 5, 2012

What a load. Obama inherits the worst economy since 1929 and you whine that he can't pull off a miracle. Reagan created EXACTLY what put the US economy into this hole: the great era of borrow-and-spend. Look at deficits under the Reagan admins and watch how the US was dragged into a hole that, quite honestly, I doubt we will ever get out of. Obama no longer has the option to keep running up the credit card since it has already been maxed out....

Actually, I hope Romney gets elected. They will pass a big fat tax cut for the wealthy, pat each other on the backs and then watch the economy sink into quicksand as the middle class becomes an extinct species.

be careful what you wish for, you might get it. I hope you do. I am sure the economy will grow like it did under Dubya... which is to say, flounder.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  19. Alizard

Alizard

Apr 5, 2012
    St Reagan's Legacy:

http://www.wtffinance.com/2011/03/r...ficit-spending-anti-free-market-conservative/