close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

would like some opinions on new pistol or kit

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by liscomb20, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liscomb20

liscomb20

Ive decided that im going to get a new pistol or kit. And wait for it :embarassed: its going to be a 22lr. Im not sure if I want to buy a whole new gun just for the. .22 or get the conversion kit for my 23. Havent seen the kits in person but looking at them online seems like they would work but on the other hand for the price I could buy a whole new gun. So I was interested and getting some opinions on good reliable 22lr handguns. And what a good price would be for that gun. And my budget is $300-350 thanks in advance

2. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

Browning Buckmark or Ruger....both in the $350 range. I've had both and prefer the Browning, which is what I now own.

3. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

After using my Walther P22, different friend's assorted 22 pistols and my father's Ruger Mark I; the recommendation I make to people asking your question is to go with the Ruger originals. The Mark I, II and III are very high quality pistols that can be used heavily and handed down from generation to generation.

That said, I do not have experience with the Browning Buckmark but everything I have heard about it is very positive. I may buy one of those for myself very soon.

sdsnet

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  4. Bruce M

Bruce M

I would opt for the whole new gun and probably a Ruger Mk II unless one of the other listed choices was substantially less money.

5. Aquagear

Aquagear

As far as .22 caliber pistols go the Ruger is the best bang for the buck.:wavey:

6. Rancho_Nirvana

Rancho_Nirvana X 1911 Addict

7. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

Ruger

[​IMG]

If you buy the kit you will own a gun and half.

If you buy the Ruger you own two guns.
    You can carry both at the same time. Choose the caliber for the job at hand.
    Loan one to your buddy.
    Use the 2nd gun as a backup to the first one.

8. ronin.45

ronin.45

Yup! A Ruger MKII is my personal favorite.

The conversions are hit or miss at best. Some are finicky and some plain don't work.

9. liscomb20

liscomb20

Have you had any experience with a issc m22? I really like the looks of that gun never shot one heck I never even heard of them I might have to do some more research into it that could be my next purchase that is if they have the same reliability as a glock

10. MisterEngineer

MisterEngineer

I've never heard of that m22 before, but it looks pretty cool.

I'd have to push you towards a Ruger and not the m22. Not saying the m22 won't be a great gun... It's just hard to beat any Ruger .22, especially the Mark series of pistols.

Every person I've ever spoke to about a Ruger MK pistol has loved it. I purchased a MK3 22/45 last week and have no complaints. I shoot it very well and it seems to shoot anything. Also if I need a part for it, there are millions of aftermarket accessories not sure you could say the same for the m22.

I also own a Taurus .22 (PT94 I believe with a 4in barrel), and a Walther p22q target model. While I enjoy shooting all of my .22's, the ruger is still my favorite.

Have you ever touched the Ruger sr22 or the Ruger 22/45 lite? Those are 2 more guns that are pretty amazing. I waited months to try to find the 22/45 lite but it isn't available within 500 miles from where I live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.