close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Would I qualify?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by pikemaster11, Apr 18, 2013.

1. pikemaster11

pikemaster11

Jun 15, 2012
    KC Area
    I just got a job as an animal control officer for our local Police Department. I am not a peace officer, but was wondering if I would qualify for the blue label discount. I have tried searching, but can not find the answer. My guess would be no, but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  2. Bulldog160

Bulldog160 Member

Mar 31, 2006
    WNY
    From Glock:

Those who qualify include:

Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City (Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials)

EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics

Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D. (Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials)

Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers

State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.)

State Licensed Armed Security Officers

Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys

LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. glowrod

glowrod Fightin' Fire

Feb 8, 2013
    Michigan
    I would think that you do. Did you receive a badge? Do you have a department id? Go to your LGS that participates in the blue label program, show your credentials, it is all that is needed and fill out a simple form for Glock.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  4. Sohryu76

Sohryu76

Feb 13, 2013
    Calling or emailing Glock would be the best way for you to find out. According to Glock dispatchers do not qualify. Even with our ID and badges.
    Not sure animal control would either. But your supplier might not understand that fully. My supplier accepted my credentials despite what Glock told me.

5. iflyem1

iflyem1 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Illinois
    Having a badge and ID from a police department is not enough. The janitor might get that. You have to be "Sworn", meaning you have arrest powers. Animal control officers do not.

6. pikemaster11

pikemaster11

Jun 15, 2012
    KC Area
  7. Tazz10m

Tazz10m Mod Aerator Moderator Millennium Member

I bet there are some animal control officers that have arrest powers. In California the Life Guards on the beach are "police officers", carry guns, wear ballistic vests, and can bust you in a heart beat if they want.

8. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    As suggested the best way to find out may be to go a store that participates in the program. My guess is that some stores may allow you and my other guess is that Glock gets concerned based on complaints and unusual patterns, but probably not for one sale.

9. dudel

dudel

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas Hill Country

In our county, Gilmer, they do.

10. iflyem1

iflyem1 Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Illinois
    OK, I'll be the first to admit when I am wrong.

In any case go to a blue label dealer, present your credentials and see what they say. All they can say is no, but they might say yes and you get a Glock at a nice discount!

11. klt1986

klt1986

Feb 28, 2007
    Virginia
    The animal control officers in my area are sworn, have arrest powers, and go through the same academy as the rest of us. Many times the animal control officer is a way for a guy to "get his foot in the door" of the police or sheriff's office or a chance for a more experienced officer to get off rotating patrol shifts.

12. Sohryu76

Sohryu76

Feb 13, 2013
    Have you contacted Glock yet? Any information you get from any website that is not Glock may not be correct. If you want not confusing contact Glock.

13. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

May 10, 2002
    Started out for cops. Nowadays, anyone but a burger flipper qualifies.