close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Worth watching.....Iran Nuclear issue coming to a head

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by LongGun1, Mar 8, 2012.

1. LongGun1

LongGun1
    Expand Collapse
    StraightShooter

2. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker
    Expand Collapse

just another hoax,hell the miltary base in the next state to me is cutting 700 jobs at scott air force base,whos gonna go fight in the war?

3. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot
    Expand Collapse
    OIF 04-05

Its happened before! All the idiots pushing for war have never fought in one. So its easy for them to be armchair generals and say this or that. Maybe they should step up!

As far as Netanyahu, I think if he runnith his mouth let him go foward without us. Number one we can't afford it! Secondly you can attack a country because you "think " they have a live nuke pointed at you. Didn't we learn our lesson with weapons of mass destraction and over 5000 U.S.troops dead? :upeyes:

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

You're right. Wait until you *know*. Oops, too late then.

Israel is going to lose a hell of a lot going to war with Iran than then we did going to war over Iraq and they know it. To equate the two situations is ridiculous.

#4 cowboy1964, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  5. quake

quake
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Good book titled, "What in the World is Going On?' by David Jeremiah; worth reading for insights into Israel-related events

6. pugman

pugman
    Expand Collapse

Lets play devil's adovcate for a second.

Imagine Israel attacks and there is in fact no nuclear weapons. None of this "they moved it" or whatever - they in fact don't have a nuke.

Then what?

7. bdcochran

bdcochran
    Expand Collapse

Nothing is coming to a head.

The US did not have enough bunker busters in inventory. Now, the word is that it will provide the stream of bunker busters to Israel if it does not attack this year. The 1997 cost was about $150,000 a bomb.

Iran is basically shiite. Lebanon, Gaza, 1/2 of Jordan, the West Bank and 1/2 of Syria is shiite. You cannot control radiation once you use a nuke on Israel.

Reminds me of the cartoon of the Polish guy holding up a bank. His arm is around the teller's neck, but the gun is pointed to his own head. "One more step and the Pollack gets it." (disclaimer - my ancestors came from Poland so I can make the joke).

8. bdcochran

bdcochran
    Expand Collapse

Oh. Why would the US provide bunker busters to Israel. Well, the ruling people in Iran hate the US. There aren't enough Muslims here for them to worry about, but there are a lot of people of other faiths. If I were a Mullah, I would drop the bomb here on LA where most of the former Shah's people hang out rather than on Israel.:upeyes:

9. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins
    Expand Collapse
    Slacked jawed

[​IMG]

Thank you. I'm getting sick of non military folks saying, " Yea we need to kick Iran's ass" and if you try to argue with them, you get called a liberal.

Last I checked we are 15 trillion dollars in Debt, and our military is stretched thin, and have been fighting for 10 years now.

The response to 9/11 should have been an all out war. Dump 200,000 troops into Afghanistan, kill bin Laden and Al Qaeda and then go the frig home. None of this "Nation Building" crap, None of this getting our noses in everyone's business. We fought in Iraq and Libya, We still have troops in Afghinstan and now we have 100 to 1000 special forces "advisors" in Uganda right now fighting LRA rebels. We have all this going on and you want to attack Iran, and maybe Syria. Hell why not attack Cuba and North Korea while we are at it, we will just go to our Money tree and the young soldier tree...oh wait we don't have those type of trees.

How exactly are we going to avoid an economic collapse and a noticable loss of US lives with a full blow war with Iran? Sanctions, embargos, boycotts, fine I'm OK with that, but I think its someone elses turn this time, The US should retire as the world's policeman. Let the Israelis or someone else handle this one.

10. racerford

racerford
    Expand Collapse

Point is not to wait until they have one. It is to stop them from developing one. One they have one, you can't do much with a crazy. Look at North Korea, Everybody did nothing and now they have them, now what. The old nut died, and now the younger nut is in his place and needs to prove himself.

The leadership of Iran has stated they would like to destroy Israel. They have have 20% enriched uranium (4-5 times the contration needed for power generation). The step to highly enriched uranium is small. They are doing a great deal to get a delivery system. It appears they have been successful.

Do you wait until the robber shoots at you before defending yourself? Or is the fact he comes in the store hand in his jacket pocket appearing like he has a gun and says, "I am going to kill you, you worthless piece of flesh" enough?

You shouldn't tell another person (or country) that you are going to destroy them and make every effort to show people you can do it (even if you are smiling and saying you don't have a weapon). Don't make the big bet if you are not prepared to lose it.

If Iran gets hit, they have purposely provoked it. They would like to accelerate the coming of the 13th Imam and create a war between Muslims and the non-believers in the rest of the world. It is not, it is really a power play to dominate the middle east at least. If they destroy Israel, it will deliver the right message to their neighbors and they will become more aggressive.

11. sebecman

sebecman
    Expand Collapse

Iran's leadership have vowed to "erase Isreal from the map." Whose running their mouth?

Secondly,They don't have a nuke pointed at anyone, they are developing one.

I agree with you that the US needs to sit out.

12. quake

quake
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Bilbo - yep; either someone's your enemy or they're not. We're engaged in how many military actions as you pointed out above, yet nobody in DC will even call any group or nation an "enemy". Decades ago we reached the point that we had wars without bothering to actually declare war - basically everything post-WW2. But now we've reached another milestone in pansy-ism and gray-area-ism: the point where politicians not only go to war without declaring war, they go to war without even declaring an enemy. Punks, pukes and cowards all.

Our politicians are willing to send our sons & daughters to shoot people, but they're unwilling to call those people an enemy. How is it that can we be willing to travel halfway around the planet to shoot at a group/nation/whoever, and yet not be willing to speak badly of them...?

The answer is simple - punks, pukes and cowards.

13. pugman

pugman
    Expand Collapse

If Iran were to destroy Israel its 1939 all over again.

My point is simple: the U.S needs to stay out of it but this won't happen.

The Obama administration has all but taken out a billboard saying they would assist Israel....not to save American Lives...but to secure Jewish votes in the upcoming election.

14. racerford

racerford
    Expand Collapse

This is simplistic and naive. It would not be 1939 again. In 1939 Britain and France had significant control and presence in the area. No one had a nuclear bomb. Mostly the Persians and Saudi's et al did not have air forces, missles, tanks and control of a significant portion of the world's oil production.

I am not suggesting the US should get involved. However, by US showing support it reduces Iran's thinking they can get away with something. It reduces Israel's likelihood of having to go nuclear to save their country. If you do not think they would do it you are mistaken. Israel has shown the resolve to act when others let things go. They do not let bullies push them around. If they did they would not exist.

When Obama has shown disinterest or lack of support of Israel it has emboldened countries like Iran.

If someone was bullying your little brother and you said "I don't care what you do to him" they would continue and escalate. If you said "think long and hard about bullying my brother, if you injure him, you should sleep with both eyes open, as should you whole family" you might get a different reaction if your were 3 times the size of their bully and 10 times as strong.

Perhaps you are right we should stay completely away from it; and allow a nuclear exchange happen. Perhaps our economy would be stronger as a result and our citizens unscathed. All Muslim terrorism against the West would cease. And the Muslims would be content with their corner of the world and they would love us again.

15. UneasyRider

UneasyRider
    Expand Collapse
    C.D.B.

1) It happens before the election.

2) The U.S. has ABSOLUTLY no intention at all of paying off our debts so it's not about money.

3) Obama will do nothing so Israel will defend themselves.

16. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker
    Expand Collapse

There will be a recession like none of you ever witness before if this happens,As you will not be able to buy fuel,jobs will be at a bigger lost,ect.ect.And he USA will go broke and belly up paying for another war already.Best hope it dont take place!!!

17. farmer-dave

farmer-dave
    Expand Collapse

So many nails, not enough hammers.

18. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla
    Expand Collapse

"erase israel from the map." is a neocon invention. The idiom does not exist in persian. Sure there is some craziness but a lot of it has been carefully misquoted and dramatically miscontextualized for effect.

"we'll give you bunker busters if you dont attack until after the election" is as laughably insane as holocaust denying governments.

#18 humanguerrilla, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  19. Lone Kimono

Lone Kimono
    Expand Collapse

I guess no one in Israel has read Lights Out. No one would have to worry about them for a long time.

20. UneasyRider

UneasyRider
    Expand Collapse
    C.D.B.

Too close.