close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Worst Web Site?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by NRA_guy, Jun 2, 2005.

1. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Jun 20, 2004
    Mississippi, CSA
    What's the worst (most poorly done) web site you have ever seen?

Here's my nomination:

Red Cross

Maybe we need a "Worst Web Site of the Year" award.

2. Glock Bob

Glock Bob Snack Attack!!!

Aug 5, 2004
    Alabama
    Yeah, HRO (hamradio.com) has a fairly decent database system, but their site is atrocious. It's so unorganized, hard to navigate, and very non-descript. I need to e-mail them and see if they'll let me fix it for them.

3. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Oct 7, 2002
    it's in the "archives" section. someone tried to apply a template to it so that it would look like the new articles on the site, but the developer left out the table with the white background (and never checked to see what it looked like).

4. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Jun 20, 2004
    Mississippi, CSA
    My nomination for "Worst Web Site of the Year" in the "Federal Agency" category:

LINK

This is an OSHA web site that supposedly lists Federal agencies that are exempt from OSHA 29 CFR 1960 standards.

Is it possible that (choose the best answer):

a. They don't want anyone to read it.

b. They didn't care whether or not anyone could read it.

c. They never looked at the web site to see whether or not anyone could read it.

d. They had never seen a web site before.

e. They didn't have a clue what they were doing.

f. All of the above.

5. CentralMsGunFan

CentralMsGunFan Packin Preacher

Jan 25, 2006
    I couldn't beat that if i tried.

6. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Jun 20, 2004
    Mississippi, CSA
    Hmmm. I started this thread about a year and a half ago, but the Red Cross web site still looks the same.

But somebody has edited the web site since then because it shows "Last modified: 12/01/2006 05:22:28 ET". (Strangely, that's today; so it's likely an automatic change of some kind.)

Predictably, their "contact us" link gives the famous "404 Object Not Found".

7. Furant

Furant Millennium Member

Oct 14, 1999
    Roswell, GA
    Gaston must've been reading this thread. Have you seen the new glock.com? I don't know when the new site went up, but it must be pretty recent. (There's probably a post about it somewhere here on Glocktalk).

Joey

8. Nyper

Nyper

Jan 2, 2004
    Lebanon TN
  9. CentralMsGunFan

CentralMsGunFan Packin Preacher

Jan 25, 2006

HOLY COW. that thing must have been put up today. I was on the old one yesterday. Its 100x better.

10. blue0623

blue0623 2B1ASK1

May 17, 2006
    Garland, Texas

I'll chose F, but it looks like that someone just scanned the info out of a worn out book to put on their site. I'll agree I think that will take the cake on the WORST site to view!!!!!