Worst drivers in the US are.......

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by NAS T MAG, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Without a doubt, OTR truckers. Most major accidents are caused or contributed by them. Look at the latest Indiana incident. Six lengths for every 10mph would have prevented this.

If they would follow the knowledge of most drivers, no more than one truck would ever be involved in an accident.

I would like to see semi's limited on the road from 9pm to 6am. It would make the roads safer for all of us.:steamed:

I really hate truck drivers in bad weather.:soap:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Citation needed.

3. Cars are just as bad. And they enjoy cutting in front of Semis, which weigh too much to stop as fast.

Personally, I think there are more bad car drivers but that accident is a bad one. Way too many people going too fast for the conditions.

4. When was the last time you could drive down the highway and other drivers would let you keep that distance between other cars? I'm lucky when I can keep 3 lengths going down 75.

#5 stolenphot0, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  5. Drive anything commercially for a while and you'll get a pretty good picture of who the worst drivers are.

6. To the OP, when you go around a slower 18 wheeler on the interstate, do you go a minimum of 36 truck lengths before getting back over? The way the majority of people drive, an OTR truck driver can not possibly follow at your idea of a proper following distance. I'm on the interstate for 64 miles every day I work. Yes, there are some dolts in big rigs but, most of the time they're just caught up among the idiots in cars.

7. scwine

scwine ^%(#@$^!!!!!!!

Well, I would say most drivers in San Antonio. Every week I hear about a wrong way driver on the freeway(usually after midnight) running into and killing someone else.

Second, the 18 wheelers south of San Antonio(in the Eagle Ford Shale Area) in the oil patch are really bad as well. Too many young and/or overworked drivers of those rigs are always all over the road causing accidents.

#8 scwine, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  8. I don't like the truck drivers that pass at 0.05 mph faster than the truck in the right lane only to give up and pull back in behind him but other than that I see WAY more bad driving from cars than semis.

9. I actually think most truck drivers are among the best drivers. Most really old people, not so much.

10. Nashvillians are the worst drivers. I've lived all over and spent 10 years in Middle TN. They win the prize for sure. Wrote a song about it. Want to hear it? Here it go.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1t9xCGk1EQ"]Drive Like a Nashvillian WYHY Y107 - YouTube[/ame]

11. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over
    Millennium Member

Worst = Humung. Or as they like to spell it 'Hmong'.

They can't read the road signs and have no concept of spacial awareness. Stare straight ahead and trust in whatever god they worship.

I'm a big time pedestrian. When I see a Toyota in St. Paul I dive for cover.

the Humung women are the worst. Sorry if that's racist or sexist. If they find my body under an Toyota 4-Runner - they will forgive me.

12. :agree:

13. Old people in my area, anyone old enough to draw in social security should have to retake their drivers test.

14. I have been stuck for MILES behind trucks doing that, and they were running 10 mph UNDER the posted limit. I hate it. Those truckers are road hogs and generally look at 4 wheelers with contempt.

Back in the day... they were a lot more considerate... even to each other. It is rare any more to see a truck flash their headlights to let another truck it is safe to move back in the lane after passing... and even more rare to have the other truck knowledge the kindness with a blink of their running lights.

15. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Four second interval is easier to determine than vehicle lengths. Add a couple of seconds in foul weather and poor road conditions.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

16. The same is true of passenger car drivers. It's a reflection on how society is changing. Most older truckers are still pretty decent, some younger ones, not so much. People are people--some decent, some jerks.

17. The 50% that should not have a drivers license.

18. Florida has the worst, bar none.

19. I agree it might be nice to see some statistics for miles driven versus crashes.