close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Worries about buying new 10/22

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by PA1911, Apr 30, 2012.

1. erkman

erkman Sleepy Member

May 1, 2012
    NE Alabama
    Get it and shoot it a lot. You won't have any trouble out of the polymer triggers.

2. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Oct 28, 1999
    Blue Planet
    If I was ever going to buy a new 10/22 (I bought all mine used at auctions or pawn shops) I would definitely jump on the take down model. It is way cool, though a bit expensive. Bite the bullet and jump.

3. I've had at least 10-12 10/22s and we still have 4 out here. Never had a single problem with any of them and there is invariably a couple of people, at least, shooting the guns every weekend here on the place. Thousands of rounds, never any kind of issue, and they only get cleaned sporadically. Amazing little guns for the money, IME.

4. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon

Yes

God, what the internet can do.

Buy one with confidence, plastic trigger group and all and have fun.

5. PA1911

PA1911

Dec 5, 2004
    SW Pennsylvania
    I spoke with a local dealer who has one 10/22 takedown coming next week and he is holding it for me. I can't wait!

I'll post pics when I get it. I hope he has some BX-25s

6. Titurel

Titurel Brick Eater

Feb 12, 2006
    Germany
  7. PA1911

PA1911

Dec 5, 2004
    SW Pennsylvania
    I picked up my 10/22 Takedown today at a local shop for $317.65 out the door. I haven't shot it yet but I really like the whole package so far. The only thing that disappoints me in the quality of the rifle is the sharp metal shim?? Thing sticking out of the front sight dovetail. You would think Q.C. Would have caught that. Here's a pic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  8. shadowman024

shadowman024

Feb 25, 2011
    Bought one last year have shot over 8k with the plastic trigger group no problems. Trigger pull was a little stiff now its smooth can't tell weight cause i don't have a scale.

9. SWAMPTHANG

SWAMPTHANG

Jul 14, 2011
    BURGAW, NC
    I love my 10/22 but, it's the SS with aluminum trigger housing. Polymers are tougher than most people give them credit. I worked for a polymer manufacturer for over 4 years and can tell you first hand that it is amazing how durable the new polymers are. The 10/22 is a great rifle that you can modify till your hearts content. I replaced my factory polymer stock with an Archangel Deluxe Target stock. The new stock made a big improvement in accuracy by free floating the barrel, the pistol grip made for better control, the wider forearm made it easier to keep a steady aim and the adjustable buttstock made the rifle fit me like a glove. I can honestly say this is the best investment I made for a rifle accessory. I wished I had purchased one sooner. The Archangel stock is also polymer but, they use the military grade polymers. I have fired thousands of rounds through my 10/22 without any problems. The few misfires I've had were from old cheap ammo that I should have shot long ago. Everyone I know that has a 10/22 loves them or wants one. Parts and accessories can be found all over the net.

10. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    5 Million 10/22's sold with many owners passing them down to there future generations. Yea I'd say you don't have a thing to worry about. Mine is a $215 Carbine and the only thing I've done to it is a bolt buffer (35 cent 1/4 " nylon bolt cut to length)and auto bolt release. If this little rifle was any more fun it would be illegal to own. :rofl:

11. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
    That isn't any harder than field stripping a Mark III...:dunno: