close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

WordPress help please!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by BLau, Sep 17, 2011.

1. BLau

BLau

Aug 9, 2000
    St. Louis, MO
    Here is my website: www.sketch14.com

It is using the Piano Black theme and I want to put my logo into the black bar the goes across the page. I've tried going under Appearance, Theme Options, and then checking the "Use your image" box and nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me out? I've searched all over the net and can't find an answer.

2. IIRC, sometimes what is necessary is to rename the default logo and upload the logo you want as the name of the default. One of the problems I've read that plagues WP is that updates can invalidate a shyte-load of customization.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011

3. BLau

BLau

Aug 9, 2000
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks. I noticed that there was a default 'logo.gif' that was in the text field. I'll try to reinstall it again as I made a whole lot of changes.

4. BLau

BLau

Aug 9, 2000
    St. Louis, MO
    It didn't work earlier because there was a typo in the instructions where I name the file. It read:

wp-contents/themes/pianoblack/img/

Should have read:

wp-contents/themes/piano-black/img/

Now I just have to figure out how to line it up with the black bar. Please look: www.sketch14.com

5. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    What I would do is take the logo and the black 'header'... and merge them using Gimp - Save as the Gimp formatted file (in case you need to adjust it later) and then save it as either a JPG or PNG file.

This method will allow you to adjust the location of the logo to your taste! If you wanted, you could also add some additional text to the header...

You work with Gimp? or some other image editor?

Patrick

6. BLau

BLau

Aug 9, 2000
    St. Louis, MO
    Yes I do have Gimp. The black bar is actually adjustable in WP so I am try to figure that out.

Edit:

I shrank down the logo to match up with the black box. Check it out now. www.sketch14.com Oh great, now all of the text down at the bottom got pushed to the side...

Edit:

Last one hopefully, I fixed it back up...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  7. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    Looks good now! :cool:

Zombie Safari... Nice Idea to build a local shooting match around... :supergrin:

Patrick

8. BLau

BLau

Aug 9, 2000
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks for the compliments.

My friend was on this contest on FaceBook where the Fear Fest guys were looking for t-shirt ideas. Although my friend didn't win, he got hired to do the artwork. I didn't understand the politics behind the contest, but they let some guy who didn't finish the concept design win so they could hire my friend. My friend had the most votes and the other guy only had about two. Go figure...Anyway, my friend got the better part of the deal.

I am helping my friend present his artwork in a more professional manner with this website.

If you want more info on paintball and zombies, check this out:
    http://www.fearfesthauntedhouse.com/

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  9. BLau

BLau

Aug 9, 2000
    St. Louis, MO
    Thank you but it's not finished yet. My friend still has to give me a small bio for the About Me page and still have to add more content to the pages so they don't seem so bare.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  10. If I thought it looked like crap, finished or not, I'd have not said well done. :supergrin:

11. BLau

BLau

Aug 9, 2000
    St. Louis, MO
    Thank you for the compliments.:wavey: