close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Word on DeKalb Cty Police is they

Discussion in 'The Georgia Club' started by glocktecher, Jun 18, 2007.

1. are, perhaps, going to the P229 in .40.

Don't think anyone down there has ever been a Glock fan, perhaps with justification.

2. StoneDog

StoneDog

Jun 22, 2006
    And with Glock USA just a few miles over in Smyrna too... Ouch.

3. Scott 40S&W

Scott 40S&W

Oct 4, 2005
    Marietta. GA
    Just ask yourself one question.
    If a SIG is such a good gun why are they rarly seen at an IPSC or IDPA match?
    The people that shoot these matches are passionate about there guns. To most of these people money is not an issue. If the SIG was better they would be more at the matches.

Just something to consider.

4. That makes perfect sense.........:rofl: :rofl: I have seen more than one Sig at an IDPA event.

Sadly, No change to the 229 at this time( I wish) DKPD is reportedly changing ammo from the beloved Federal 9BPLE to Win Ranger SXT 124 grain +P

FWIW, SWAT is T&Eing Sig P220s and various 1911s...

5. ElevenO

ElevenO

Jan 10, 2001
    Georgia

Any particular dissatisfaction with the 9BPLE or is the department making a change simply for changes sake or because the ranger is a more modern round? TIA.

6. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.
    good more for me hope they like there sig's :wavey:

7. birdbarian

birdbarian

Feb 25, 2006
    GA
    I love my Sig 229 in .40, but I almost exclusively carry my G19. I don't spend enough time training on the DA first shot.

8. No dissatisfaction with the 9BPLE...quite to the contrary- it's been a deathray.