close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

WooHoo, I got Two.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TN.Frank, Mar 11, 2012.

1. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Well, for the first time in a long time I've actually got TWO firearms at the same time,LOL.
    I think this combination is going to work out pretty well, I've got my 642-2, 38Spl for EDC/CCW and now and ATI Commander size 45acp for Home Defense and general shooting. Also, if need be my wife can use the 642 and I can take the 1911a1 so we'd both be armed if we needed to be. Gives me a bit more peace of mind knowing we'd both be able to defend ourselves.
    I know, it's not happened until I post a pic, well here ya' go.:supergrin:
    [​IMG]

2. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    (Elvis) Thank you, Thank you very much.(/Elvis)
    Something else I'd like to pass on, WalMart had the Federal 230gr FMJ for just under $18 bucks a box, got two boxes out the door for a little over $38 bucks, same as I paid for 100 rounds of crappy WWB for my 40cal.
    Of course once I get all my loading stuff for 45acp it'll be a moot point. I'll be loading up 50 rounds for around $3 bucks with home cast bullets.

3. ratf51

ratf51

Aug 6, 2010
    NW GA
    Looks good. Congrats! Let us know how it shoots. :wavey:

4. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    I may try to get out tomorrow and put a mag full through it at 7yrds. just to see where the sights are hitting. Can't shoot too much, even though I'm rural I've got neighbors and don't want to make em' think WW III has broken out,LOL.
    I'll be sure to post a pic of the target. :cool:

5. Maine

Maine

Sep 19, 2009
    Congrats Frank. Two soon turns into six and so on. Money in the bank is one way to look at it.

6. mabgrac

mabgrac

Jan 2, 2004
    A1A
    I have one and it has been to good so far. I think it has the best specs of any 1911 within a few hundred $$ of it's price.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  7. Wyoming

Wyoming

Feb 3, 2007
    Southwest Wyoming
    Good job twice. Be nice to your wife and maybe she will left you borrow her 642. S&W 642 make great pocket carry.

8. Hollytheninja

Hollytheninja

Feb 20, 2012
    Awesome dude!

I just got my first 1911 this weekend :)

9. I'm not a 1911 guy, but I like the looks of that one. Cool grip color on dark.

10. ratf51

ratf51

Aug 6, 2010
    NW GA
    Why yes, now that you have 2 you can let them breed. I wonder what those children would look like? :supergrin:

11. Tallahassee

Tallahassee

Aug 3, 2010
    Congrats!

What grips are those on your 642? I like them. I assume from the picture they work with speed loaders?

12. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    DeSantis Clip Grips. They're a take off of the Barami Hip Grips and I like em' a lot better then the Barami Hip Grips because they're practically an exact copy of the factory grips(only these are glass filled nylon, not that crappy rubber) with a clip added so you can IWB without the need for a holster. It's a very comfortable way to carry a J-Frame, especially an enclosed hammer model like the 642.