close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

WOO HOO!!!! Finally Got My Silencer!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by The_Gun_Guru, Dec 27, 2012.

1. wk9k

wk9k

Feb 24, 2009
    Thats cool man. Ive got a couple of the gemtech outback II's. and a p22. and one of those krinker plinker with threaded barrel. Whats cool is you can shoot any .22 ammo whether it be standard or subsonic out of the p22 it will always be quiet because of the short barrel. it doesnt let the bullet build up supersonic speed to break the sound barrier. I dont shoot my suppressors. If I do its rare. Ive had a fascination w/ them b/c I think its neat that something so small as a suppressor can actually take away such a loud blast.

2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    :thumbsup:

3. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

Question....

My GSG AK has a threaded barrel and I got the adapter for it so it will accept my new suppressor. My question is, will I need to use subsonic ammo in a rifle?

Thanks,

TGG

4. irishbum

irishbum

Jun 8, 2005
    Kansas City,KS
    Any thing over 4-4.5 in you need subs/standard velocity ammo. CCI standard will soon become your best friend.

Congrats suppressed 22 is too much fun, enjoy

5. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
  6. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Yep, they cashed my checks within a week of me mailing in the forms, and I had to wait almost 5 months last year when I got a couple YHM units for my 45ACPs. One 1911, nice for a pistol as it is offset so no need for special sights, it's quiet wet, but gets a little loud dry and a Wraith XL for my HK USC and an Armilite AR-15 in ,.45ACP...a real quiet unit.

7. The_Gun_Guru

My next 1 is going to be for my Glock 27 with lone wolf distributors 9 millimeter conversion barrel. That will be a lot of fun! :)

TGG

8. wk9k

wk9k

Feb 24, 2009
    Yea, in the rifle you need to use cci subsonic. Heck sometimes one in a while even the cci subsonic will go supersonic.. or you could use the cci Longs (not LR's) but youll have to manually cycle these as they dont produce enough pressure to eject the shell.

9. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Oct 8, 2001
    Middle of SC
    I use Remington Subs with much success. I've tried Aguila but they just won't cycle 10/22's nor my 15-22. In a bolt gun, of course they perform fine. :)

10. DFin

DFin

Mar 22, 2008
    How about one for a shotgun like that Chigurh guy had?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  11. The_Gun_Guru

Another question....

Is it safe to test fire it into a bucket of sand or water? I want to try it but can't get to the range until next weekend. Thoughts?

Thanks,

TGG