WOO HOO!!!! Finally Got My Silencer!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by The_Gun_Guru, Dec 27, 2012.

1. wk9k

Thats cool man. Ive got a couple of the gemtech outback II's. and a p22. and one of those krinker plinker with threaded barrel. Whats cool is you can shoot any .22 ammo whether it be standard or subsonic out of the p22 it will always be quiet because of the short barrel. it doesnt let the bullet build up supersonic speed to break the sound barrier. I dont shoot my suppressors. If I do its rare. Ive had a fascination w/ them b/c I think its neat that something so small as a suppressor can actually take away such a loud blast.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

:thumbsup:

3. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

Question....

My GSG AK has a threaded barrel and I got the adapter for it so it will accept my new suppressor. My question is, will I need to use subsonic ammo in a rifle?

Thanks,

TGG

4. Any thing over 4-4.5 in you need subs/standard velocity ammo. CCI standard will soon become your best friend.

Congrats suppressed 22 is too much fun, enjoy

5. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

You don't need that to hunt deer!

6. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor
    CLM

Yep, they cashed my checks within a week of me mailing in the forms, and I had to wait almost 5 months last year when I got a couple YHM units for my 45ACPs. One 1911, nice for a pistol as it is offset so no need for special sights, it's quiet wet, but gets a little loud dry and a Wraith XL for my HK USC and an Armilite AR-15 in ,.45ACP...a real quiet unit.

7. The_Gun_Guru

My next 1 is going to be for my Glock 27 with lone wolf distributors 9 millimeter conversion barrel. That will be a lot of fun! :)

TGG

8. wk9k

Yea, in the rifle you need to use cci subsonic. Heck sometimes one in a while even the cci subsonic will go supersonic.. or you could use the cci Longs (not LR's) but youll have to manually cycle these as they dont produce enough pressure to eject the shell.

9. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

I use Remington Subs with much success. I've tried Aguila but they just won't cycle 10/22's nor my 15-22. In a bolt gun, of course they perform fine. :)

10. The_Gun_Guru

thanks guys, much appreciated.

TGG

11. How about one for a shotgun like that Chigurh guy had?

#31 DFin, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  12. The_Gun_Guru

Another question....

Is it safe to test fire it into a bucket of sand or water? I want to try it but can't get to the range until next weekend. Thoughts?

Thanks,

TGG