close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With .25 Cal Pistol The stuff of legends?

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by lethal tupperwa, Apr 22, 2013.

1. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With .25 Cal Pistol This is a story of self control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator. What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself? The Beretta Jetfire:
    Here is her story: While out hiking in Alberta Canada with my boyfriend we were surprised by a huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of nowhere. She must have been protecting her cubs because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today! Just one shot to my boyfriend's knee cap was all it took. The bear got him easily, and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.

2. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    A bear surprises two hikers in the woods. The bear stops and just looks at them from up the trail. One of them slowly slips off his boots and looks in his pack for his running shoes that he wears around camp after the days hiking.

His friend says "Are you crazy? You can't outrun a bear!"

The first hiker says "I don't have to outrun him. I just need to outrun you."

3. taffbanjo

taffbanjo

Dec 27, 2012
    Essex UK
    Brilliant!

4. Rotn1

Rotn1

Nov 12, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    The National Park Rangers are advising hikers in Glacier National Park and other Rocky Mountain parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.
    They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.
    Visitors should also carry a pepper spray can just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear's sensitive nose and it will run away.
    It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat.
    Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper