close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Wolff Gunsprings

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by 3rdgen40, Aug 8, 2010.

1. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
    I recently bought a Remington 870 Express with 18" bbl. and +2 ext. tube.I already knew some of these guns had feeding issues, based on prebuy research.I also knew how to fix it though.So, I bought one anyway.I loaded it up and cycled some shells through it.The third shell hung up in the tube.Tried a few more and another one hung up.So,I promptly ordered a Wolff extra power mag spring.Just received it today and installed it.It's about 7 or 8 coils longer and a bit stiffer.The difference is like night and day.It now feeds 100% flawless.Every shell is kicked out of the tube with authority.I'm going to take it out in the morning and put some rounds through it.I am confident that I won't have anymore FTF's.
    So, if you have an 870 with feeding issues, I highly recommend a Wolff mag spring.

2. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    I did not know anything about 870 feeding issues - but I replaced the mag spring with a Wolff XP before I even loaded up the gun.

Last week I discovered the stock Remington spring in my old parts box - it seemed pretty flimsy - the diameter is even smaller than the wolff spring.

I also replaced the cheapo plastic follower with an aluminum one - IIRC it was $15-$16 with my C&R discount.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=915162

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010

3. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    Feed issues with new 870's are not very common. What you mostly read is from guys who take the tube extension off and reinstall it wrong. I shoot hundreds of these each year and have yet to have a feed issue with one out of the box. Can it happen, of course as there are thousands sold each year and over ten million out there.

I do know the Wolf spring is a great upgrade and an aluminum follower is also. So, you put some good stuff in your 870.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010