close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wolf Ammunition SUCKS!

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by ept000, Apr 28, 2010.

1. ept000

ept000

I have been waiting and waiting for a packet that was promised to me by Wolf Ammunition. In the packet was to be shipping tags for me to send back the empty boxes from the last batch of defective primers, and their guarantee says they would refund my money. I have traded emails and phone calls for quite some time now and now this morning I was told that unless I get a hazmat license and ship the primers back to them on my dime, they will not refund my money, or stand behind their guarantee. The cost of a hazmat license is more than the cost of the primers, so they know nobody is going to ship primers back, so now I'm stuck. I told them they need to take their guarantee off the web site and their packaging since it's no longer true. He said the guarantee now only applies to loaded ammunition. They no longer guarantee any of their components.

2. XDRoX

XDRoX

Man that sucks, sorry to hear. I am expecting some wolf primers in the mail today. I hope I have better luck.
    What exactly was the problem with them?

3. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Remmington would not take care of the primers I had that were too long to seat on a 550.

4. ept000

ept000

I was having numerous failures to fire with this batch, around ten percent. My older batch of Wolf works fine, and my guns have stock springs. It's clearly a defective batch.

5. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

People I know loading on a 1050 are having the primers seated really deep. It's compresses the primer a little bit and solves the FTF issue. I don't think my 550 would seat them that deep but I never tried. I thought you were using a 1050 so maybe try seating them a little deeper.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  6. ept000

ept000

I'm using a L-n-L, but no matter what I still can't trust these primers.

7. G20gunner

G20gunner

How many of the defective primers did you buy?

G20gunner

8. ept000

ept000

9. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Ouch...

I know it sucks, but what about buying a hand priming tool, so you don't have to eat it?

IGF

10. ept000

ept000

I'm not having any seating issues, the primers are just no good. I can run them back through the gun and sometimes it will take two strikes, sometimes three or four before they go off. I have several that wouldn't go off no matter how many times they were struck.

I have used Wolf in the past, and they worked very well, but never again. I understand that every manufacturer can have a bad batch, but not standing behind thier product is what pisses me off.

11. XDRoX

XDRoX

Ya I don't think I'd buy them again after reading this.

12. XDRoX

XDRoX

Do gun stores have hazmat licenses? I wonder if you could take them to one and ask them to mail them back.

13. G20gunner

G20gunner

Man, that's a lot of bad primers to get stuck with. Wolf should definitely do something on a purchase that big. I won't be buying any from them. I've never tried them, but after hearing they would stick someone with 20,000 bad primers without trying to make it right, they won't be getting my money.

G20gunner

14. kubura

kubura

Man, it sucks!

BTW, what kind of Wolf primers; SP, LP, SR or LR?

15. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Some are just never going to light. But they improved thier % a good amount by seating them deeper. I would never trust Russian anything. Well, they do make good Vodka I hear.

BTW, I had to reinforce the bottom of my bench so I could torque on my Remmington primers really hard to get them to seat right. That helped a lot and I made it through my 10K crappy primers. Try 100 seated really hard. So hard that it just doesn't seem right to seat them like that.

16. ept000

ept000

I hear ya C4W, but even if I do smash them in the primer pocket, then what do I do with those rounds? They would only be good for range time. Certainly I couldn't trust them for any of my IDPA stuff. 20,000 rounds of range ammo is a little too much for my taste. Also, I need to replace these primers so I can load IDPA stuff, and all my cash is tied up in defective primers. I don't expect anybody to have an answers, but my fellow reloaders should be aware of what can happen with a company that does not stand behind thier product.

17. ept000

ept000

Sorry, small pistol.

18. FM12

FM12 I need AMMO!

Man,that sucks. I have about 3K small pistol, 1K Large Rifle and 1K SGN 209 or so I bought before the big scare. Kinda scared now.

No more though!!

19. proraptor

proraptor

wow that sucks.....I wont be giving them any business after hearing this

20. BK63

BK63

I have fired thousands of Wolf LP primers in the last year and a half but I bought them from Wideners. No problems at all. Was getting ready to buy another 5 to 10k of them. Wondering about it now. :dunno: Never bought anything from Wolfs ammunition or whatever that place is but I assume it's all the same stuff?