close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Wlantest?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by pesticidal, Apr 13, 2009.

1. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    I have a Samsung i760 smartphone that has been working great for a year and a half. Lately, when I put it in my sync cradle, it starts up a wlantest program.

I get this on screen:

Wlantest.exe Start
    TEST start
    Main driver Unloading success
    Test WLAN_Driver now Loading...
    Semlib binding success
    CHECK Module response : 1
    Version 1.62 1.18 4.3
    Test driver initialized
    Current SPI PreScaler Value is 1 !!
    Port (COM1:38400) is initializing
    Port is initialized

Then nothing. If i try to close out the program while it is still in the cradle, it re-starts. If I take it out of the cradle, I have to soft reset the device. I did a hard reset, and this program still pops up.

When I go to the Wireless Manager, the Wi-Fi choice is not there until I soft-reboot.

I don't use a wireless synch. This appears to be a wireless sync program.

I called Verizon tech support, and they had no idea. They told me to uninstall the program. I cannot find the program at all, even using the search program on the phone.

Ideas?

2. grokdesigns

grokdesigns

Dec 23, 2004
    Chandler, AZ

3. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    I have not. It's been running so good, I didn't want to mess it up with a new version.

4. grokdesigns

grokdesigns

Dec 23, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    It's tough to find any info remotely related to the issue you're having, so I'm not sure what else you could try. I can definitely recommend Windows Mobile 6.1 though, I've always had good experiences with it.

5. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    Thanks. I downloaded it, now I'll have to see if I have the stones to try to load it up.

:rofl:

6. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM

Jun 5, 2002
    North Dakota
    Well, I've tried several times to load 6.1 with no success. Both on XP and Vista. When it tries to re-start the phone, it won't recognize it.