close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Wisconsin members; where do you shoot?

Discussion in 'Midwest Glockers' started by lightsareout, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

Aug 14, 2008
    Wisconsin
    FSA rules from their website: Shoot any handgun. Shoot your shotgun. Rifles up to .308 are welcome as well (no magnum, 30-06, .50BMG ... ask us if unsure).

2. fepowered

fepowered

Mar 31, 2013
    N/E Wisconsin
    I have the $25 annual membership so it costs me $17 per hour and $10 for a second shooter in the same lane. This means that 2 shooters can go an hour for $14ish each. This is nice when the snow is blowing or you do not want to walk 50 yards in the mud puddles to set up your targets outside after driving 20 minutes one way. I can drive less than 5 minutes and get in and get out then back to the rest of my day. Time savings (and convenience) is worth the cost. I have been there 4 times in the past year.

Shotguns are no longer welcome. Idiots wrecking things...

3. Hoochrunners

Hoochrunners

Aug 14, 2008
    Wisconsin
    10-4. Someday I'll make it there to see what they're all about.

4. vulcan71

vulcan71

May 8, 2013
    Milwaukee
  5. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
    About 40 miles due west towards Madison

6. Glock9039

Glock9039 .40 Glock Fan

May 20, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Live a little south of Muskego,WI

7. tobby

tobby

Jan 26, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I shoot at the Colfax Sportsmens Club, $20 per year membership. A friend and I are building a steel challenge range at his place and are nearly done with it. I am heading there in an hour.

Tobby

8. BrthrB

BrthrB

Jan 18, 2006
    Western Wisconsin
    Onalaska / La Crosse has a Gander Mountain, "Gander Academy", indoor range that is decent. I've done their live fire and their 300 degree Simulator range for LE training. Last time I checked, range fees were running $25.00 an hour!

There are several other ranges (in the La Crosse area) open to the public, they also have membership fees.

La Crosse PD and Western Technical College have indoor ranges but they are not open to the public.

9. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

Oct 30, 2006
    Crappleton, Wisconsin
    I actually moved about 3 years ago, now I shoot at the Kaukauna Sportsman's Club. Can't go wrong with $20/year for a covered 100yd range.

10. HeruMew

HeruMew

Mar 10, 2016
    I see someone mentioned this one. But:
    Anyone close to Superior can go to George Constance Rifle Range. Great range, ran on donations. Free to enter, but please leave a few bucks and pick up any brass you use, leave any you dont reload in the brass boxes for extra donation to them.

I know its not indoor either, where i am from, we cant even have indoor ranges.

I go 10 times a year on average to hit their 100yd-200yd target, i am limited on my distance at home, but can pistol shoot all day. They have concrete benches that are always covered. Pretty cool people, especially when the a-hole with a muzzle broke ar (me) has no choice but to sit next to the guy with the 22lr. And no one seems to mind as long as you dont mag dump without warning.

Reapectful as long ad "we" are. I should say.

Love the range, dont really like the city much, but make it out there from good 'ol Minnesota from time to time.

Now if only i could find a freeplace north of Duluth!