close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Wireless Sierra dial up causing computer problems

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by plainsman, Jul 23, 2008.

1. plainsman

plainsman

Jul 25, 2005
    First, I know very little about dang computers, so go easy on me. We have two lap tops that we installed this sierra wireless plug in so that the computer can operate wireless, anyway, the first computer started having problems getting to start up, now the second computer developed the same problem, unable to start. The message says unable to start, and something about either going to trouble shoot and try to fix the problem, and the second machine says something about going back to a previous date when the computer was working alright. So I guess the system wipes out the sierra program, and the logo is no longer there, and probably the disk is uninstalled, but then I don't have wireless. Since this has happened with two different machines, I guess their most be something with the sierra wireless causing a problem. Wireless is good at certain times, how can I get this straightened out? Thanks !

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I know you tried to be informative, but that is not really a lot to go on. I would try calling the technical support for Sierra.. sounds like their software might be having some issues. Curious, did you have this service w/ XP, and then recently bought these new laptops w/ Vista, or did you recently upgrade them both to Vista?

Good luck..

IGF