close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

wireless mouse for PC?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by cassandra, Aug 27, 2008.

1. cassandra

cassandra

Mar 28, 2007
    Montana
    DH bought us a wireless mouse for our home PC but it's a notebook mouse and its erratic action drives me crazy. I did use control panel to slow it down but it's always been squirrely. now it's caput.

Isn't there any kind of larger model for regular PCs? I searched and all I find are notebook mice, and that's all I ever see advertised at Best Buy etc. Seems like there would be a market for something like this. :dunno:

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Try looking at Tigerdirect.com or Newegg.com

IGF

3. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney Just Win Baby

May 22, 2003
    North Carolina
    There are several wireless mice to choose from that are normal sized. I would recommend sticking to Logitechs....I use both for home and work and never had a problem with them. I also game with the one at home with no lag problems at all.

Here are some at newegg:

Wireless Mice

4. cassandra

cassandra

Mar 28, 2007
    Montana
    Well, hell, I walked across the street to Best Buy and Staples and they had all kinds of them. A couple years ago I couldn't find any, go figure. Guess I need to shop more often.

So I bought a Logitech L8 (?) and it's just as jumpy as the notebook mouse. I had to set it as slow as I can in control panel. Wish now I'd just gotten a wire optical like I have at work.

Why is the wireless action so different?

5. RaiderRodney

RaiderRodney Just Win Baby

May 22, 2003
    North Carolina
    Can you change the dpi setting? Did you install all the drivers? Both the ones I use aren't any quicker than a wired...by choice :)

6. cassandra

cassandra

Mar 28, 2007
    Montana
    I don't know how to change the dpi setting. How do I do it? All I did was go into control panel, mouse and put it on low.

I was surprised there was no driver CD with it. It "installed" itself...should I have looked for a better driver on the machine somewhere? How?

7. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

Aug 25, 2005
    Florida
    Look at microsoft mice and keyboards
    I use them and they are great. I have never had a problem with them.

8. d3athp3nguin

d3athp3nguin

Aug 7, 2007
    Yea, Not that you'd want to buy another mouse, but if the mouse advertises its dpi (dots per inch) number, you would probably like a lower number (300-500) instead of the 1000-2000 dpi "gamer" mice made to go twitchy fast on huge screens. In plain english: look for an el-cheapo microsoft mouse. In this case, cheap mouse usually means less sensitive, ie. less jumpy.

9. cassandra

cassandra

Mar 28, 2007
    Montana
    Mmm, well gee it does make a difference when one downloads the right driver, doesn't it? Sheeesh...I learn this stuff every two years when I install something new, then forget it. The easy plug and play always throws me off. :embarassed:

Anyway, all better now. Thanks guys.

10. neon

neon

Nov 3, 2003
    ohio
    Try changing to fresh batteries. Mine does the same thing when batteries are low.
    Mr Neon

11. cassandra

cassandra

Mar 28, 2007
    Montana
    It's fine now, just needed the right driver & some adjustment. :thumbsup:

12. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

Sep 18, 2000
    Grumpyville
    I have 2 microsoft wireless mice. one is a notebook model 3000 and the other is a laser mouse 5000. the 3k is hooked up to my linux netbook and the laser 5k is hooked up to a mac mini.

so far, no real problems although the 'dongle' on the 5k is less of a dongle and more of a usb hockey puck. too darn large IMO.