close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Windows XP has underlined text below icons

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by allanc, May 31, 2005.

1. allanc

allanc "Inconceivable"

My EX asked me to "fix" her computer because it is running slow. She uses AOL and tends to pick up lots of spyware. It is especially bad after her mother visits and uses her computer. So, I ran various anti-spyware programs and deleted a bunch of stuff. It now runs much faster.

Back to the problem. All of the icons on the desktop now have underlined text. What that heck is causing that and how can I fix it?

TIA

2. wargod113

wargod113

Jan 10, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    don't know it this will help but mine are underlined because I set my desktop so the icons are like links in a webpage. Meaning I only have to click the icon once for it to open.

3. allanc

allanc "Inconceivable"

Interesting, I will take a look at that next time I go over to her house. Any other ideas?

4. allanc

allanc "Inconceivable"

I just got back from my EX's place. That was the problem, thanks for the solution.

:)

5. Toyman

Toyman

May 6, 2003
    West Michigan
    Windows Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options...

In the General tab of the Folder Options Dialog, The bottom group "click items as follows", "Single-Click to open an item (point to select)" is probably checked, as well as the underline item.

[​IMG]