close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Windows Vista--Can't save programs to my HD

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Glock13, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Glock13

Glock13

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    So, I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista...please hold the laughter. Anyway, I only have one user on the computer (myself) and I thought for sure when I set it up that it said I was the administrator or at least had administrator rights. Anyway, I went to download iTunes to C:\Program Files and it wouldn't let me save it to my hard drive saying I did not have administrator permissions or something of the sort. It would let me save it in the "Users" folder?? Anybody know how to fix this??

P.S: I can see that I am going to have all sorts of fun with Vista already...but hey, at least it is pretty looking!!

2. Click on Start: click on control panel: click on user profiles: click on administrator and adjust settings.

I have both Admin and guest accts on my comp, I use the guest when I surf the web as this prevents any malicious software from downloading and installing, if by chance it bypasses my hardware firewall and software firewall.

3. KharToon

KharToon

Nov 2, 2007
    c:\documents and settings\users does not *really* exist in Vista. Save it somewhere else and it will work.

4. Glock13

Glock13

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    It says I am the administrator, but I still cannot save to the "Program Files" folder?? Where can I change the settings?