Windows 8

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by tech7311, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Not sure about windows 8 directly, but my Server 2012 doesnt like flash very much, lol. Its not Microsofts issue, but Win8 also wont run one of my critical work apps, so I wont be migrating for a while.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

I don't know what my wife did in terms of settings, but I tried out her machine this morning and it looked identical to the 7 that was on it before. There were no "tiles" and at this point I'm curious as to what they actually are. So, for a casual user, it can be set to look just like 7. If she hadn't told me of the upgrade, I wouldn't have noticed based on the internet surfing I do.

FLAGLOCK19 War Veteran

If you don't like the Metro screen and other things MS has done, you can always download Classic Shell Startup to heavily customize your windows 8 environment.
  4. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

I stuck it on a 10 year old computer. Seems to run decently. Was surprised to see it boots up in about 20 seconds. Not wowed by it, but don't hate it either.

Will be sticking it on my laptop soon.
    #24 cgwahl, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  5. Agreed! Tile screen is a nuisance. Just an unnecessary step after boot up to have to click on "desktop" to begin using it. Maybe for touchscreens it's fine but on my HP Envy m6 it is in the way!!
  6. I don't like 8 as well as xp and from what I understand 7 us better. Mine acts strange and cuts off sometimes for no reason but I guess it is ok.