close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Windham Weaponry

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by bigmoney890, Nov 20, 2012.

1. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC
    I know there has been some recent threads on Windham. Here's a link to a review from a user here, if you would like, I can remove the link and let you post it, but until then, everyone enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j_4t6Zu51I"]Windham Weaponry Tour - YouTube[/ame]

2. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Jan 17, 2012
    Don't waste your time, dude. Nobody on this forum will care unless the manufacturer starts with "C," ends with "T," and in the middle is "OL."

3. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC

Not sure who you are referring to as the majority of users here love all types of companies, not just he almighty Colt

4. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    The interveiwer didn't check off all the Mil spec requirements that everyone else here and else where are so hung up on so I take it these will not meet the chart specs! Kind of pricey as well. Nice looking AR's.:supergrin:

5. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Jan 17, 2012
    Wrong on both accounts.

6. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Clueless comment from the peanut gallery..........:popcorn:

7. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    The Windhams are selling really well here. Getting a chrome lined barrel, MP bolt, properly staked gas key, and a lifetime warranty for $799 is a pretty good deal. It's certainly not a Colt, but it's better than Bushmaster for $150 less.

8. johnson8861

johnson8861 Daddo Chomper

We got a couple at the shop I work at, and they were gone in just a few hours.

9. MedicOni

MedicOni

Nov 19, 2008
    Central NM
    The Sportsmens here has some of them that i was looking at. I got pretty tempted

sent from my left big toe

10. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

Apr 27, 2009
    Oak Ridge, TN
    cool back story, I take it they are doing well since walmart is selling them. I didn't know that they were formerly bushmaster.

11. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    I respect the owner of Windham for what he did for his employees. I also have a good respect for the guy running MAC, as his AK videos are very good. I cannot figure out why he would endorse Windham as a good product, though.

Windham has been out for a while now, and it is known that they are still using the incorrect FSB (how hard is it to figure out that an A2 FSB is the wrong one to use on a flat-top), incorrect buffer (easily fixable, but still....), commercial receiver extensions, etc.

From knowing that they're not fixing the EASY things, you can only assume that they still have chamber and gas-port problems. It isn't like these spec's are hidden somewhere and can't be found, or that changing the tooling to make the gas-port the proper size, or keeping your chamber reamers sharp, is hard stuff.

12. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Jan 17, 2012
    That is quite an assumption.

13. WayaX

WayaX Lifetime Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Not really. All of those things were also done when they were Bushmaster.

14. They are not the majority, they are just the most vocal. You rarely see someone who buys RR, DPMS, Bushmaster, etc desperately needing to get the last word, needing to have others follow their "advice", desperately needing to give "advice" or "recommendations" (which I think in their minds implies an amount of expertise, and is validation when you buy what they "recommend" you buy) and never letting a post of a differing opinion go unanswered. They hit and hit about "don't buy that" and then when someone goes against their "advice", they seem to feel the need to tell them why they were wrong to buy it. I think they really believe the last word wins. That's why I say they would be an interesting psychological study, if they aren't already classified as "fan boys".

Seriously: how often do you see someone who owns Rock River or Bushmaster needing the validation of having "advice" followed, and then acting butt hurt when it isn't? I guess the fan boys think buying certain brands brings with it "expertise".

The rest of participants here seem to just leave them to their delusions, post once or twice, and let them go. Who has the time or the energy?

But you need to understand: EVERY TIME someone doesn't buy what the chart fan boys call "first tier" and buys "second or third tier", an angel loses it's wings. And, it's missed validation by people desperately needing it.

I say that as an owner of Rock River, Bushmaster, Stag, Colt, and BCM. I don't care what you own, I'm just glad you own one, and wish you luck with what you have.

15. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Jan 17, 2012
    Windham Weaponry does not make the same ARs that they did when they were Bushmaster pre-2006. They have taken the opportunity to update and improve their product, materials and manufacturing processes. I don't know why everyone assumes that WW ARs are the same exact rifle that Bushmaster used to make. They're not.

16. vettely

vettely

Nov 28, 2006
    TX
    Witch! Witch! Everyone (here) knows if it isn't a Colt it is a piece of pot metal junk.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  17. WinterWizard

WinterWizard

Jan 17, 2012
    You ain't kidding. If it ain't a 6920, you might as well melt it down and make shop tools out of it, because that's how useful it is. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

18. larson1122

larson1122

Jan 30, 2012
    Minnesota
    Posts like this are absolutely ridiculous. Have you ever stepped back to think about why so many people recommend a Colt? Hint....they work and they work well. Yes there are many other manufactures that make very dependable rifles, but the fact is that the 6920 is one of the best rifles available in its price range whether you choose to believe it or not.

19. Stvan1

Stvan1

Oct 19, 2012
    West Michigan
    I love my Bushmaster 308 ORC that I just got a couple months ago. I loved my S&W M&P AR .223 I had a couple years ago and got rid of cause I wanted a 308. The Bushmaster puts the rounds one on top of the other pretty much with cheap mag tech ammo so it is good enough for me. These things haven't changed much since I used one in Viet Nam almost 43 years ago so it ain't rocket science. Actually seem better quality now more heavy duty and more accurate, or maybe because now I have time to actually take careful aim with the thing. Just my two cents worth.