Windage Adjustable Rear Sight

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Burncycle, Sep 19, 2012.

1. I have a Romanian G and was wondering if this would work as a drop in replacement for the rear sight, or if the size is different between the German/AKM and the Romanian.

http://www.northridgeinc.com/store/index.cfm/c119/i685

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Burncycle, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    adjust windage on adjustable glock sight General how-To Help Forum Dec 30, 2012
    Click adjustable windage on BUIS Black Rifle Forum Sep 19, 2010
    Curious Rifle Windage POI, Ammo Dependent General Firearms Forum Jun 10, 2015
    Shot my Mosin First Time, Kentucky Windage? General Firearms Forum Mar 9, 2013
    Anyone else require excessive left windage with Magpul flip-up rear sight? Black Rifle Forum Oct 10, 2012

3. HWI

HWI

It'll fit.

4. Great, thanks!

5. Will this work on my IO Casar AK???? I need such a sight to correct for a canted front sight.

Mail Clerk

#4 Mail Clerk, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  6. HWI

HWI

If it uses a standard AK rear sight block it will fit.

7. HWI,

If that's the case I'll check them out at the big show in AZ.

8. If you get one please give us a report. It sounds like a good idea but once I got my front sight adjusted for windage I have never had to change it. It may not be necessary for many AKers.

9. Got it, fits great!

My front sight is roughly adjusted for windage (a couple inches off at ~25 yards but the nature of the front sight tool is that it's difficult and time consuming to fine tune adjustments. Maybe it's just me but I have to crank on it hard (even having to use a multi-tool for leverage) and it either doesn't seem to move at all or moves too much.

I don't plan on actually adjusting for windage while I shoot but now it's really easy to fine tune my zero and get my POI precisely where I'd like it to be (within the limits of the rifle and my eyes of course!)

#8 Burncycle, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  10. HWI

HWI

Which tool do you have? The c shaped tools can flex if the drum is in the post really tight, making windage adjustments pretty difficult.

This will make your life easier. Pricey, but you'll never have to replace it.

#9 HWI, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  11. lol maybe that's why I was having so much trouble, yep it was a C shaped clamp. I don't remember what brand offhand though