Glock Talk banner

Winchester White Box

5K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  SCmasterblaster 
#1 ·
Hi out there; I'm a newbee to Glock Talk from Ontario Canada . I've been a a hand gun shooter for 35yrs. Anyway to the point, I bought my first Glock this week, a new Glock 22 Gen4 I took it to the range today for the first time and the gun performed flawlessly, a little getting used too after shooting 1911 platforms for a long time. Unfortunately the ammunition did not preform very well, the Winchester white box 165 grn hard ball while having acceptable accuracy had two misfires out of 150 rounds, the primers were struck hard but they did not go off. Just wondering if this is a common occurrence with this ammunition or did I just get a bad batch? I can't ever remember having a miss fire with factory ammunition after firing several thousand rounds over the years.

#33 ·
Hello
My question is about using target rounds for personal protection.
I was told this is unwise, as the target rounds would go right through a person and possibly hit another person, and that "personal protection rounds" would not necessarily go through a person.
Looking for comments
thank you
George
G19 gen4

#34 ·
Hello
My question is about using target rounds for personal protection.
I was told this is unwise, as the target rounds would go right through a person and possibly hit another person, and that "personal protection rounds" would not necessarily go through a person.
Looking for comments
thank you
George
G19 gen4
Define "target rounds"

For personal protection the most important thing is to use a round that you know functions reliably in your gun, with you shooting it. That matters more than anything else ever will. If FMJ (full metal jacket) is all you can afford to shoot enough of to be confident in function, use it for personal protection.

However, in a sufficiently powerful cartridge (I would say .38spl/9x19 or above) a JHP (jacketed hollow point) or SWC (semi wad cutter, revolver round here) is a better choice than a FMJ.

Ideally for any cartridge a Glock sold in the United States is chambered for, a quality JHP that you have tested in your gun is the best choice.

Personally I prefer Speer Gold Dot or Federal HST for that.

#35 ·
Define "target rounds"

For personal protection the most important thing is to use a round that you know functions reliably in your gun, with you shooting it. That matters more than anything else ever will. If FMJ (full metal jacket) is all you can afford to shoot enough of to be confident in function, use it for personal protection.

However, in a sufficiently powerful cartridge (I would say .38spl/9x19 or above) a JHP (jacketed hollow point) or SWC (semi wad cutter, revolver round here) is a better choice than a FMJ.

Ideally for any cartridge a Glock sold in the United States is chambered for, a quality JHP that you have tested in your gun is the best choice.

Personally I prefer Speer Gold Dot or Federal HST for that.
"Target" rounds are a bit difficult to define. One person's target ammo is for NRA bullseye shooting, and another person's targets may be bowling pins at 8 meters.

#37 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.