Winchester Ranger 9mm (Q4364) 147 gr Bonded JHP

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by cadillacguns, Mar 6, 2013.

1. cadillacguns

Millennium Member

Winchester Ranger 9mm (Q4364) 147 gr Bonded JHP, friend let me have four 50 rd boxes of this, nickle cased, looks nice, seen footage on U Tube about a similar type round but the bullet profile on my new stash doesnt match the ones pictured in the video.

Anybody use this stuff. My 200 rds going into the ammo safe for Zombies or a rainy day.

On U tube after closer examination my ammunition from gold LE Only Ranger type boxes looks more like PDX-1 ammo, could that be the case, just packaged in 50 rd LEO boxes as compared to the PDX-1 20 rd boxes?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 cadillacguns, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    WTS: Winchester Ranger ammo (40,45,357) Gun Parts & Accessories Apr 17, 2015
    Winchester ranger 127+p+ 9mm Misc. Gun Stuff Feb 3, 2015
    Winchester Ranger 9mm +P+ 127 grain SXT (G19) Caliber Corner Jan 5, 2015
    WTS Winchester Ranger .40SW (FTF Shreveport, LA) Misc. Gun Stuff Dec 20, 2014
    Winchester ranger T 180 gr ammo HP The Okie Corral Dec 8, 2014

3. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766

Ranger Bonded 9mm was the last to switch over to the PDX1 bullet. The last production run was for the switch over. It has taken them four years to switch all of the calibers over.

4. M 7

M 7

I really like the PDX1 line. What would make me like it even more would be seeing it offered in 50 round boxes instead of the 20 round (fill your magazine once and you're done) boxes.

Do you think that there is any chance that Winchester is going to offer them packaged in 50ct boxes any time soon? :dunno:
  5. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766

PDX1 in 50 round boxes is called Ranger Bonded. I do not see why they would ever put Winchester PDX in a 50 round box since most shooters in their life time may never shoot a whole 20 round box of hp ammo.
  6. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Why do ammo makers bother to put a hollow point in 147gr bullets that are driven at less than 1000 FPS? A SWC shape would be better.
    #6 SCmasterblaster, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  7. It's been many years since the old "a bullet must be driven at 1000 f.p.s. to have any chance to expand". Chuck Taylor used to quote this quite often. With modern bullet design it is simply no longer true. The 147gr. bullets work fine under 1000 f.p.s..
  8. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member

They work well in my pistols.
  9. Now fast forward 20 years....
  10. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Sorry, but I am at 57 and holding. :upeyes:
  11. Warp

Because a SWC would not be better.
  12. ggarciatx

ggarciatx Cold War Sailor

when you couldn't give away 147 grain subsonic rounds away. Everyone wanted the fast 115's or the in-between 124 grain Hydra-shoks.