close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winchester Ranger 124gr. 9mm NATO

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by DLL9mm, Oct 17, 2010.

1. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

I just bought a case of Ranger 9mm NATO 124gr. RA9124N
    Anybody used this stuff? Does it shoot decent. I hope I can shoot it as accurate as regular range ammo. The price was about the same as standard 9mm ammo, So I bought it. I have wanted to try some 9mm NATO for a while now.

2. awoodpd13

awoodpd13

I've used it in the past, and IIRC, it worked fine...Mrs.awoodpd13 used to shoot in at GSSF in her G19 for a little extra energy on the reactive targets...before the NATO ammo, her match ammo was WWB 115gr. FMJ...the NATO round did seem to provide *SOME* benefit on peripheral hits on the reactive targets...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010

3. glock031

glock031

I went through a 500 rd case of this ammo last month. I think it's good, clean, quality ammo. Every round fired, no problems. It's as accurate in my G19 as any ammo i've used. It is a little warmer than your standard target stuff. To me it shot basically the same as RWS 124gr.

As far as i know this is a millitary nato round and LE training round. It chrono's 1180 to 1230fps. Has sealed primers. Should have good quality control. I believe the nato stamped brass casings are a little thicker than standard 9mm brass.

The only thing that i wonder about is why this ammo has been on sale to the general public about once a month latley. Was it just a over run? Or did it fail some criteria? Don't know.

Anyway it would be difficult to find equal or better target ammo at the same price right now. At $11 per 50 for factory it's hard to beat. Bought a case last month from ATG. I just received another case by fed ex yesterday at even a better price from....

http://www.copesdistributing.net/product_info.php?products_id=2936

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  4. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

5. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

Dealer price is 140.00 per case as of Friday. That is why I have not put any in my store. It my not have anything wrong with it. The wholesaler may have wanted to get rid of it because the sales were slow. I sale stuff under cost just to get rid of it and make room for stuff that will return a profit.

6. SIGShooter

SIGShooter Hucklebucks

Great ammunition!

I just got done shooting some a little while ago. It's a round I carry and train with. Never had an issue with any of it.

7. pimuk

pimuk

I always use 124gr/1185fps (or any +P equivalent) as a practice combo to my self defense +P (and+P+) JHPs. I believe the regular 124/1100 is too soft to practice with.

8. DEADEYEGUY

DEADEYEGUY

Good ammo. Shot a 500 round case of it. Hotter than most practice ammo. Very accurate, no problms of any kind. Good price. If you want to try it go for it.

9. 2005ghostrider

2005ghostrider

I just got a case of this from cope's as well can't wait to try it. I've never shot any nato stamped 9mm. With the 7.95 shipping at cope's it was the best deal I could find and alot cheaper then local ammo.

10. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

Congrats on the ammo! This ammo is really a great deal right now. Most places are still charging $15+/box for this ammo. If this ammo works out, I will be ordering another case(if available) :cool:

11. Doc8404

Doc8404 Master Chief