close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winchester Defender 4shot???

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Kampfer, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Kampfer

Kampfer
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, I just bought a new shotgun today, sorry no pictures yet. But its a winchester defender, that only holds 4 shells in the tube. There is no plug in the tube, but I was told the defender models held 5 shots, with the longer models holding 7 or 8.

The markings on the gun barrel say, Winchester Defender 12gauge 2 3/4, 3inch. "Roughly" There's no markings saying if its a 1200 or 1300, its just labled as a Winchester Defender 12 gauge.

Any idea exactly what I have here?? Besides it being a Winchester Defender 12 gauge of course! :whistling:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank
    Expand Collapse
    Who?

The "5 shots" you were told includes one in the chamber.

3. Kampfer

Kampfer
    Expand Collapse

Ok, thats what I originally thought. Is there any way to tell the difference between a 1200 and a 1300 without it literally saying it?

4. frankr

frankr
    Expand Collapse

#4 frankr, Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  5. Kampfer

Kampfer
    Expand Collapse

mine doesnt have any other designations to it, and its only holding 4 rounds of 2 3/4. The round capacity isnt a issue for me, It just not being able to figure out what it is. All the defenders i've seen held at least 5 in the tube, and this definitely says "Winchester Defender" on the barrel.

6. El_Ron1

El_Ron1
    Expand Collapse
    AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Sounds like somebody put a Defender barrel on a bird gun.

7. Kampfer

Kampfer
    Expand Collapse

when i changed out the rounds for birdshot it would hold all five, after firing it for awhile its now able to fit all 5 buckshot into the tube. not sure what was up but now it seems to have fixed itself.