close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Winchester Defender 4shot???

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Kampfer, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Kampfer

Kampfer

Aug 15, 2011
    Hey guys, I just bought a new shotgun today, sorry no pictures yet. But its a winchester defender, that only holds 4 shells in the tube. There is no plug in the tube, but I was told the defender models held 5 shots, with the longer models holding 7 or 8.

The markings on the gun barrel say, Winchester Defender 12gauge 2 3/4, 3inch. "Roughly" There's no markings saying if its a 1200 or 1300, its just labled as a Winchester Defender 12 gauge.

Any idea exactly what I have here?? Besides it being a Winchester Defender 12 gauge of course! :whistling:

2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    The "5 shots" you were told includes one in the chamber.

3. Kampfer

Kampfer

Aug 15, 2011
    Ok, thats what I originally thought. Is there any way to tell the difference between a 1200 and a 1300 without it literally saying it?

4. Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  5. Kampfer

Kampfer

Aug 15, 2011
    mine doesnt have any other designations to it, and its only holding 4 rounds of 2 3/4. The round capacity isnt a issue for me, It just not being able to figure out what it is. All the defenders i've seen held at least 5 in the tube, and this definitely says "Winchester Defender" on the barrel.

6. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Apr 15, 2004
    Redneck Sparta
    Sounds like somebody put a Defender barrel on a bird gun.

7. Kampfer

Kampfer

Aug 15, 2011
    when i changed out the rounds for birdshot it would hold all five, after firing it for awhile its now able to fit all 5 buckshot into the tube. not sure what was up but now it seems to have fixed itself.