Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Winchester 75 Advice?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Rick O'Shay, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Jan 24, 2005
    I am in need of some advice:

I bought a very neglected Winchester Model 75 Target rifle, and one of the issues was that the safety lever was broken across the hole where it pivots on the trigger installation pin. I bought a new lever (switch) and in order to install it I had to remove the pin from the trigger. Once the trigger was removed and then the switch was in place, I have not (after nearly 2 hrs!) been able to align the thing again.

I realize this is a 1938 rifle, but hoping some of you hobbyists might give me a pointer on how to get all the springs engaged, pieces aligned, and then get that @#$% pin back into place.

Anyone? I'm open. :crying:
  2. PPinesRon

Jan 23, 2010
    South Florida
    Try They have a Winchester section with some knowledgable folks. Good luck.

3. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Jan 24, 2005
    Thanks. I'll try them. I figured out the logic of the assembly, and have it together. But if I tighten the main bolt, that attaches the stock to the action, the bolt will not cock when closing. If I loosen that bolt two turns, the action works just fine.
    All else seems just right. It was a b@gger but I managed to win the arm-wrestling contest.
    Not to finess the rifle reassembly.
    I appreciate the website.