close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winchester 75 Advice?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Rick O'Shay, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

I am in need of some advice:

I bought a very neglected Winchester Model 75 Target rifle, and one of the issues was that the safety lever was broken across the hole where it pivots on the trigger installation pin. I bought a new lever (switch) and in order to install it I had to remove the pin from the trigger. Once the trigger was removed and then the switch was in place, I have not (after nearly 2 hrs!) been able to align the thing again.

I realize this is a 1938 rifle, but hoping some of you hobbyists might give me a pointer on how to get all the springs engaged, pieces aligned, and then get that @#$% pin back into place.

Anyone? I'm open. :crying:

2. PPinesRon

PPinesRon

Try RimfireCentral.com. They have a Winchester section with some knowledgable folks. Good luck.

3. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Thanks. I'll try them. I figured out the logic of the assembly, and have it together. But if I tighten the main bolt, that attaches the stock to the action, the bolt will not cock when closing. If I loosen that bolt two turns, the action works just fine.
    All else seems just right. It was a b@gger but I managed to win the arm-wrestling contest.
    Not to finess the rifle reassembly.
    I appreciate the website.